Dad Finds 1-Year-Old Son Dead In Bed From Drug Overdose: 'My Son Is Just Freezing Cold'

"He was taking a nap and I came in here and he's just cold."

A toddler died of an overdose of drugs including oxycodone.

According to Fox 19, 1-year-old Dorrico Dawaun Brown Jr. of Hamilton, Ohio was found by his father not breathing in bed on May 17. 

"My son is just freezing cold and I don't think he's even breathing," said the father who called 911. "He was taking a nap and I came in here and he's just cold." Emergency authorities gave the father CPR instructions. The child was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead.

The coroner said the official manner of death has not been determined. According to Journal-News, the toxicology reports shows that the child tested positive for opiates, benzodiazepines and antihistamines.

The father, Dorrico Dawaun Brown, was indicted on charges of endangering children and involuntary manslaughter on Wednesday. The 32-year-old was taken into custody early Thursday morning.

He will be arraigned next week.

[Photo: Walker Funeral Home]

Crime Time is your destination for breaking crime news, original reporting, and information about Oxygen's programming. Sign up for our Crime Time Newsletter and subscribe to our Martinis & Murder podcast!

All Posts About:
Breaking News

You May Also Like...

Recommended by Zergnet