A woman is speaking out after her husband's love of energy drinks allegedly came close to destroying his life. As Yahoo! shares, a woman named Brianna shares that her husband, Austin, had a brain hemorrhage that left a hole in his skull. She learned of this devastation as she was preparing to give birth to their first child.
"Being pregnant is supposed to be one of the most amazing journeys you will ever embark on," Brianna wrote on Facebook (in a post that has since been removed). "You're creating a new life. You are experiencing unconditional love for someone you have not even met. Austin and I were so excited to meet our little boy. To bring him home. To be a family."
She was told that Austin had an accident and had to go to the hospital and later found out that it was tied to his love of energy drinks. "After a two hour drive to the hospital, I learned that my husband, the father of my child, the person I am so deeply in love with, had had a brain hemorrhage. Why? The doctors concluded (after running his tox screen and ruling out drugs) that this horrible event was due to his recent excessive energy drink consumption (a habit he had built when he started working longer hours and commuting)."
He underwent multiple surgeries as well as strokes, seizures and swelling while in the hospital. Two weeks later, Briana gave birth and Austin miraculously woke up.
Briana now cares for her new son as well as her husband. "Our life isn't normal. There are doctors visits and hospital trips- so many that I loose count. But we are here. Fighting," she says. "I wake up every day to take care of our beautiful little boy and my husband. I prepare the meals, do physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy. I help him with personal hygiene. I help him walk. I help him with every aspect of his life. And in between these tasks I take care of our very busy eight month old. It is hard, and I am tired, but we make the most of it. He isn't the same man I fell in love with, but I still fall further everyday, We are fighting to help him recover."