A St. Petersburg, Florida woman was arrested after she allegedly overdosed in front of her young child in a gas station bathroom.
According to WFLA, 30-year-old Natasha Harris was found passed out in a Citgo gas station bathroom. Her 3-year-old child was with her, as she allegedly overdosed on Roxicodone, an opiate. Police reportedly believe the child was in the bathroom with Harris as she injected the drug intravenously into her left hand. The child was not injured during the incident.
Harris allegedly admitted she had injected the drug into her hand, according to the report. She also apologized and told police she didn’t want to hurt her child. She has been charged with one count of child abuse and neglect and is being held at the Pinellas County Jail on a $5,000 bond.
[Pinellas County Jail]