The toxicology report has been released in the sudden death of rapper Lil Peep. According to CBS News, the 21-year-old died in Tucson, Arizona from a combination of the pain medications. Following rumors of an overdose, a criminal investigation was initially opened to investigate. His death has now been ruled as accidental.
As previously reported, the rapper (real name Gustav Ahr) was found dead on November 15 aboard his tour bus. The rising star originally from Long Island was making waves with his emo rap in the music and fashion worlds with debut, Come Over When You're Sober, Pt. 1. He was slated to perform in Tucson.
Local police were looking at texts allegedly sent from a woman who reportedly went to Peep's tour bus before he died. The messages appear to show that she saw Peep passed out and may have been responsible for supplying him with drugs. Sources told TMZ at the time that fentanyl-laced drugs may have been the culprit.
From the toxicology report, now we know that fentanyl and alprazolam, which is used to treat anxiety, was in Peep's body. It's still unknown whether the rapper intentionally ingested the drugs or unknowingly took them. The role, if any, of the woman in question has not been revealed.
Prior to his death, Peep's music and social media posts featured drug use and messages about ending his life.
[Photo: Getty Images]