Former Voice contestant Melanie Martinez has spoken out for a second time to deny the sexual abuse allegations against her.
“I understand how hard it could be to see my side of the story, considering no one with a heart would want to invalidate anyone speaking up about this topic,” she wrote on Twitter on Saturday. “I want to thank my fans who took the time to research the timeline, analyze past Instagram photos, and question the story being told, which reveal her false statements. I trust so many people in my life who took advantage of that trust for their own personal gain. Please know that my intentions with everything that I do in my life are always pure and I would never be intimate with someone without their absolute consent.”
Last week her former best friend and singer Timothy Heller (pictured above, right) tweeted allegations that Martinez raped her. Heller shared her story with the caption, “When I wrote this story about my assault, I initially wasn’t going to [name] the abuser. But I think it’s important for you all to know this is about Melanie Martinez.”
Through a series of Tweets, Heller accused Martinez of taking advantage of her and trying to push her to have sex.
"One night during a sleepover, she became increasingly interested in my sexual preferences. As someone who has been through sexual assault, sex was hard for me to talk about. [...] I said every form of no I could think of. She began touching my arm, I allowed this to happen. She began talking about the appearance of my boobs and she begged to JUST touch them. I was so exhausted and confused and high and belittled I just allowed it to happen. This led to her touching the rest of me. I never said yes, I said no repeatedly. She performed oral sex on me and then I was penetrated with a sex toy without being asked."
Martinez, however, has maintained her innocence stating that her former bestie never said no to what they did together. Heller has expressed over social media how difficult it is to not be believed.