13 Times Jesse Williams Proved He's Woke (And Fine) AF
Dreams do come true...
Jesse Williams was introduced to most of us as Dr. Jackson Avery via Grey's Anatomy, but his outspoken activism has made him not only a hero on the screen, but in real life too.
Here are 13 times Jesse Williams proved he's woke (and fine) AF!
1. That time the world began to open their eyes to the brilliant beauty that Jesse is... #demeyes.
...All while wearing a hoodie to honor Trayvon Martin while defending Michael Brown.
2. That time he talked about being fine AF based upon European standards of beauty (again, #demeyes) and how it allows him to function in a racist world.
From The Guardian:
3. That time he came together with other members of black Hollywood for a town hall meeting to discuss Black Lives Matter.
Here's an idea of how many people showed up, and more info on what was going down. Read below.
Tonite a meeting was held. A meeting of African American celebrities at a private location & things were discussed..... Everyone shared their objectives, opinions & views on political, non-political & everyday issues that have plagued us as a people for hundreds of years...... Well, this time we're collectively taking a different approach at burying these problems once & for all. This is a fight for everyone..... Not just blacks, but everyone.... & all races, ethnicities, cities, states, countries & continents were brought up & we had a very peaceful meeting where voices from all entertainment groups were heard & no leaf was left unturned.... We as a HUMAN RACE were all affected with the past weeks tragedies & we ALL want immediate change... So gather as you may, in groups or movements of your choice/race or gather diversified & have theses conversation.... They are all important. Keep an open dialogue with one another & that will resonate in the lives that we are all trying to save going forward, especially OUR YOUTH !!! WE ALL MATTER & tonite we took another stab at the end goal & that is to BETTER THIS WORLD NOW, not just for the moment but to make an impact that will drive out NEGATIVITY & welcome LOVE worldwide...... The haters, naysayers & negative minds will exist... They too will be reformed as time progresses & change presents itself on a world scale.... One day at a time my people..... & as we all prepare ourselves for tomorrow... I will part by saying, I LOVE YOU ALL... Rest well ✌🏾️ #HUNT
4. That time he got on the BET stage and blew everyone’s minds.
5. And then that time irrelevant people were upset about his non-hateful speech.
Needless to say, Shonda Rhimes wasn't having it, anyway!
6. That time he blasted Melania Trump for plaigiarizing Michelle Obama's speech.
Even Chaka Khan appreciated the light-hearted fun.
7. That time he had the best New Years resolution.
8. That time he furiously tweeted about the death of Sandra Bland.
While women were hashtagging #SayHerName - created to remind the world that black women are being killed just as unjustly and brutally as men of color - Williams was right there to show his support. (There were over 20 tweets in his heartfelt rant.)
9. That time he basically offered up love advice to all.
10. That time he schooled the world on the Baltimore riots.
And that wasn't even the end of it! #Swoon!
11. Oh, and that time he looked fine AF while being woke AF.
12. That time he defended black masculinity.
At the time, some were criticizing Michael B. Jordan and Ryan Coogler for showing affection for one another as friends.
13. Oh wait...there's more.
Maybe this pic of him with his gorgeous (then preggers) wife, donned in those amazing purple shoes. #Adorable!