An Ohio boy saved his overdosing parents after walking two blocks barefoot and alone in the dark. According to Fox News, he left his home at 5 a.m. to find and tell a relative that he thought his family was dead.
Officers arrived at the couple's home Thursday morning to find the couple overdosed on heroin.
Emergency responders used a drug-overdose antidote to revive the couple. A 3-month-old baby girl was allegedly sitting in a car seat nearby.
“This 5 year old child, a hero, saved 3 lives today. How can something so awesome be so sad all at the same time? We brought the young boy and infant into the police department after the incident. He was given a badge for being so brave,” Middletown Division Police posted on their Facebook page.
The couple, Lee Johnson and Chelsie Marshall, admitted to using heroin and were jailed on child-endangerment charges.
Police posted a list of addiction resources on their Facebook.
“Similar stories have popped up recently all over Kentucky, Indiana and Michigan. IT HAS TO STOP! PLEASE get help before it's too late. Not only to save yourself, but to save your kids.”
[Middletown Division of Police]
Crime Time is your destination for true crime stories from around the world, breaking crime news, and information about Oxygen's original true crime shows and documentaries. Sign up for our Crime Time Newsletter and subscribe to our true crime podcast Martinis & Murder for all the best true crime content.