Four Children Dead After Water And Pesticide Created Poison Gas

Don't wash away your pesticide without reading the instructions.

Four Texas children are dead after someone sprayed water on the pesticide aluminum phosphide, creating phosphine gas, CNN reported.

Five other people were hospitalized in the incident, which happened after a family member tried to wash away the pesticide that had been applied under the family’s house. The brand name of the pesticide was Weevil-Cide.

Felipe Balderas, age 7; Johnnie Balderas, 9; Josue Balderas, 11; and Yasmeen Balderas, 17, all died in the poisoning. One died at the house; the other three died after being taken to the hospital. The mother of the family is also in serious condition, a local outlet reported

Several first responders are also being treated for exposure to the phosphine gas.

There were ten people sleeping in the mobile home at the time of the poisoning. At about 5 a.m. yesterday, one of them called police to report that the family had fallen ill.

The deaths are being treated as an accidental poisoning.

Crime Time is your destination for true crime stories from around the world, breaking crime news, and information about Oxgen's original true crime shows and documentaries. Sign up for our Crime Time Newsletter and subscribe to our true crime podcast Martinis & Murder for all the best true crime content.

You May Also Like...

Recommended by Zergnet