Mom Tells Family 1-Year-Old Overdosing On Heroin Just Ate Bug Spray, Refuses To Take Him To Hospital

She found her infant son with plastic in his mouth and powder on his face.

By Jaime Lutz

An Indiana woman is under arrest after she didn’t take her 1-year-old son to the hospital last week as he overdosed on heroin, telling people instead that he had simply eaten “bug spray,” a local NBC affiliate reported.

Daisha Sue Clark, 28, later told police that she found her infant son with plastic in his mouth and powder on his face, court records claim.

A relative said that the boy got sick and stopped breathing, but Clark insisted that the boy had only bitten a bottle of bug spray and didn’t need to go to the hospital, court records said.

When the family member took the boy anyway, doctors were able to revive the child by using a drug on him that is used for opioid overdoses. The boy was later released.

Police found a syringe in Clark’s bedroom filled with brown liquid, along with burnt spoons covered in white residue.

Clark has several past convictions for drug use. She is now facing charges including neglect of a dependent, possession of a syringe, and reckless possession of paraphernalia, according to WISH-TV.

[Image: Delaware County]

Related Stories

Crime Time is your destination for true crime stories from around the world, breaking crime news, and information about Oxygen's original true crime shows and documentaries. Sign up for our Crime Time Newsletter and subscribe to our true crime podcast Martinis & Murder for all the best true crime content. 

You May Also Like...
Recommended by Zergnet