Taylor Swift has released a statement after her victorious groping trial.
The 27-year-old Grammy-award winning singer won her case against Colorado-based DJ, David Mueller, who groped her during a 2013 fan meet-and-greet.
Mueller was fired from his job at 98.5 KYGO radio after Swift said he reached up her skirt and groped her butt while posing for a photograph. Two years later, the DJ filed a lawsuit for $3 million against the pop star, claiming he lost his job over false allegations. Last Thursday, Swift took the stand, giving a fearless testimony. Mueller lost his suit and Swift filed a counter 1 dollar lawsuit for assault and battery, which she won last week.
"I want to thank Judge William J. Martinez and the jury for their careful consideration," Swift said in her statement. "My attorneys Doug Baldridge, Danielle Foley, Jay Schaudies and Katie Wright for fighting for me and anyone who feels silenced by a sexual assault, and especially anyone who offered their support throughout this four-year ordeal and two-year long trial process. I acknowledge the privilege that I benefit from in life, in society and in my ability to shoulder the enormous cost of defending myself in a trial like this. My hope is to help those whose voices should also be heard. Therefore, I will be making donations in the near future to multiple organizations that help sexual assault victims defend themselves."
[Image: Getty Images]