Not sure how you're feeling after the two-month long holiday eating and drinking binge (preceded by the Halloween candy bender in October), but we'd be grateful for some elastic-waist pants right about now. Lucky for all of us, haute track pants are having a fashion moment, just check out Karolina Kurkova rockin' a pair backstage at "The Face."
Now, just to be clear, we're not talking about those clinging-in-all-the-wrong places, elastic-peg-legged, remnant of an 80s gym class sweatpants. Or early aughts velour tracksuits with words like "Juicy" spelled across the butt. These are slightly-low-waisted, slouchy-enough at the hips and street style-cool track pants at times in premium fabrics—cashmere, silk and maybe leather.
Dress them up with a blousey top and fitted blazer with heels or go casual-chic with a boxy cashmere sweater (it'll feel like you're in your PJs) and chunky wedges. Don't believe us? Try these out for size.
1. T by Alexander Wang Suede Track Pants, $1,250, saksfifthavenue.com
2. Georgie Exclusive Woven Jogging Pant, $248, intermixonline.com
3. Monrow Zipper Sweatpants, $125, shopbop.com
4. Vince Silk Sweatpant, $295, barneys.com
5. CLU Silk Blend-Trimmed Cotton-Blend French Terry Sweatpants, $60.37 (from $172.50), theoutnet.com
6. Nicholas Leather Sweatpants $550, shopbop.com
[Karolina Kurkova Photo Credit: Walter Sassard for Oxygen Media]