Jesse Williams was introduced to most of us as Dr. Jackson Avery via Grey's Anatomy, but his outspoken activism has made him not only a hero on the screen, but in real life too.
Here are 13 times Jesse Williams proved he's woke (and fine) AF!
1. . That time the world began to open their eyes to the brilliant beauty that Jesse is... #demeyes.
4. . That time he got on the BET stage and blew everyone’s minds.
5. . And then that time irrelevant people were upset about his non-hateful speech.
Needless to say, Shonda Rhimes wasn't having it, anyway!
6. . That time he blasted Melania Trump for plaigiarizing Michelle Obama's speech.
Even Chaka Khan appreciated the light-hearted fun.
7. . That time he had the best New Years resolution.
8. . That time he furiously tweeted about the death of Sandra Bland.
While women were hashtagging #SayHerName - created to remind the world that black women are being killed just as unjustly and brutally as men of color - Williams was right there to show his support. (There were over 20 tweets in his heartfelt rant.)
9. . That time he basically offered up love advice to all.
10. . That time he schooled the world on the Baltimore riots.
And that wasn't even the end of it! #Swoon!
11. . Oh, and that time he looked fine AF while being woke AF.
12. . That time he defended black masculinity.
At the time, some were criticizing Michael B. Jordan and Ryan Coogler for showing affection for one another as friends.
13. . Oh wait...there's more.
Maybe this pic of him with his gorgeous (then preggers) wife, donned in those amazing purple shoes. #Adorable!