‘I’m A Monster’: Ex-Georgia Tech Frat President Sentenced To 20 Years After Admitting To Raping Ex-Girlfriend

“I am a monster. I am a rapist and a pedophile,” Christian Kahf reportedly said prior to his arrest.

Digital Original
7 Facts about Domestic and Intimate Partner Sexual Violence

A Georgia man who admitted to raping his ex-girlfriend multiple times and being a “monster,” “rapist,” and “pedophile” has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Christian Kahf, 23, was sentenced on Friday, according to a press release from the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office. Kahf was arrested in November after admitting to his ex-girlfriend, who was working with police and wearing a digital voice recorder at the time, that he’d raped her on numerous occasions.

Following a five-day trial, Kahf pled guilty to rape and was sentenced to 20 years in prison; he will serve seven years while the remaining 13 will be spent on probation, the release states.

Kahf, who will have to register as a sex offender, was also ordered not to have any contact with the victim or her family, according to the release.  

Kahf was formerly the president of a fraternity at Georgia Tech, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The specific fraternity has not been identified. Prior to his arrest, Kahf made an admission to a room full of his fraternity brothers in October, stating, “I am a monster. I am a rapist and a pedophile,” according to the release. He then became emotional and left abruptly.

Kahf’s fraternity brothers who heard his statement reported what they’d witnessed and told police that they believed Kahf was referring to actual events in his past, the release stated.

Two of the 15 fraternity members who spoke to police reported that Kahf also admitted to inappropriate behavior with a 7-year-old girl.

Kahf denied having raped anyone, but police later contacted his ex-girlfriend, who reported that Kahf had raped her at least seven times over the course of their relationship, according to the District Attorney’s Office. She reported that she woke up to Kahf raping her in May 2014, but opted not to report the rapes out of fear that she would not be believed, the release stated, and stayed with Kahf for religious reasons.

The victim also reported that Kahf raped her on her 21st birthday in January 2016, according to the release. Kahf was acting as designated driver during the victim’s night out drinking with friends, and while she reportedly could not remember what happened after she fell asleep at Kahf’s fraternity house later that night, when she awoke the next morning, she suspected that sexual activity had taken place the night before. Kahf then admitted it when confronted, the release said.

In November, following Kahf’s frat house admission and subsequent police involvement, Kahf’s ex-girlfriend met with him on the Georgia Tech campus while wearing a recording device, according to the release. She confronted him about the rape that took place on her 21st birthday, and according to the release, Kahf admitted, saying, “What happened was not consensual that night. I raped you more than once, and I wish I never had.”

Kahf was arrested five days later, the release stated.

During his sentencing on July 20, Judge Schnall told Kahf that he made a “wise” decision in pleading guilty, Atlanta’s Fox 5 News reports.

“A lot of hard work went into this plea and I applaud you for taking responsibility for your actions,” Schnall continued. “You made some bad choices. but I also believe you can be rehabilitated and become a positive member of society.”

[Photo: Fulton County District Attorney]

Related Stories
You May Also Like...
Recommended by Zergnet