Suge Knight was taken to a Los Angeles hospital on Wednesday due to "life-threatening" blood clots, the New York Daily News reports.
This isn't a new occurrence for Knight. The music mogul, who's currently awaiting trial for murder charges, has been in and out of the hospital over the last two years due to issues with blood clots that first arose after he was shot several times in 2014. Knight's fiancée, Toi-Lin Kelly, expressed her concern to the Daily News.
"I am worried because Suge is supposed to receive the proper medical care everyone in custody is entitled to," Kelly said. "Doctors have said Suge's blood clots are life threatening."
Knight is currently in stable condition, but Kelly fears that he is not receiving his daily blood thinning medication "regularly or on time" while in custody.
"It has been two years of in and out of the hospital, dealing with the same blood clots because the hospital doesn't want to deal with the pressure of the Sheriff's [jail officials] while he is seeking care," Kelly continued.
Jail officials have denied any mistreatment; meanwhile, Kelly has stated that she will be documenting both the actions of jail officials and USC Medical in order to "stay on top of this."
Knight's son expressed similar concerns last month, including judicial injustice. "I dont know anybody who can sit in solitary confinement for two years and not speak to, nor choose his own lawyer," he wrote. "When will they let him get the best chance to defend himself?"
[Photo: Getty Images]