Do you remember how to do proofs or matrices? Can you recite a Shakespearean sonnet using Iambic Pentameter? Probably not. But do you remember how the kids at school picked on you, and how to doodle like a champ? Oh hell yes. The hashtag #IfAnythingSchoolTaughtMe has been trending on Twitter all morning, pointing to such failures in our collective education as well as the street smarts and useless facts we all gleaned during those tender years. Here are seven tweets that perfectly encapsulate the things we learned (and didn't learn) in school.
1. The one thing we all needed to take away from high school but probably didn't:
2. The harsh truth about your friends:
3. That buying school supplies is fun and all but your probably won't need eight notebooks and 35 ink pens.
4. That time Twitter reminded us that most of us still don't use Algebra in real life.
5. That time someone pointed out how messed up most dress code policies are.
6. Here's a look at the sad realities of high school.
7. And to lighten things up: that "S" that everyone knew how to draw.