Celebrities attract a lot of bizarre criticism from the emotionally unhinged. It’s very easy to troll a celebrity on Instagram or Twitter. All you need is an anonymous account. It also feels safe because, why would a celebrity ever acknowledge you in a million years? They’re busy drink pink champagne out of golden goblets on their private islands. A dark secret of celebrity is that they also spend time alone, bored, and scrolling through their mentions just like everybody else. If you catch them in a mood, you might find yourself in the spotlight for being a d-bag. Being RTed by a famous person is rarely as fun as it sounds.
But, if it hasn’t happened to you, it can be pretty satisfying to watch someone who was acting like a total jerk get taken down a peg. Call it bullying if you want, but if you’re biting someone’s ankles they might swat at you. Here are some of the best responses from celebrities to their social media meanies. Enjoy, but also learn from this:
1. The King of Facebook George Takei
3. Mom Crusader Chrissy Teigen:
4. The Appropriately Dressed Anna Paquin:
5. Star Fighter John Boyega:
6. Twitter Magician J.K. Rowling:
7. No Holds Barred Nicki Minaj:
8. Dream Wrangler Gabby Sidibe::
9. The Very Vinegrary Olivia Wilde:
Hey. Don't start and you won't have to get finished off.