Police Claim Boy Last Seen At Disneyland Was Murdered By His Father

The father was passed out in a car, doused in gasoline, with matches nearby. He claims he must have been attacked, but has no memory of what happened. 

By Jaime Lutz

A 5-year-old who went missing following a trip to Disneyland in April was murdered by his father, authorities claim.

Aramazd Andressian, 35, was arrested for the apparent death on Friday afternoon, People magazine reported. The missing boy, Aramazd Andressian Jr., has not been found.

The father and son visited Disneyland in Anaheim on April 20, leaving the theme park around midnight. The boy has not been seen since.

Police arrested Andressian a week later on charges of child endangerment and child abduction, only to release him due to “insufficient evidence.”

Authorities moved to re-charge Andressian after they noticed him apparently begin to make preparations to flee the country, including dyeing his hair and shaving his beard, The Los Angeles Times reported.

Andressian and his wife, Ana Estevez, are in the middle of a bitter divorce battle right now, but the two shared custody of their son, People said.

Andressian was supposed to return his son to his wife on April 22, but instead police found him passed out in a car, doused in gasoline, with matches near his car. He told police that he must have been attacked, but claimed he had no memory of the assault. He also said that he had taken some prescription medication before falling unconscious, police claimed, which the Times reported that police believed to be a suicide attempt.

“There has been a great deal of speculation regarding the timeline around his disappearance,” Andressian wrote in a statement two weeks after the disappearance. “The last time I saw my son was on Saturday morning, the 22nd, at Arroyo Park near my home in South Pasadena. After breakfast Aramazd Jr. wanted to go to the park before we were to meet his mother for a custody exchange at 9:00 a.m.”

“In one moment, I was at the park with my son, and then I found myself waking up in Huntington Memorial Hospital hours later,” he continued. “I was told that a good Samaritan found me unconscious on the ground near my car, with young Aramazd nowhere in sight. I can only speculate that I must have been attacked in the park, given my unresponsive state and subsequent physical condition.”

“My family and I are heartbroken and grief-stricken that Aramazd Jr. is missing and may be in harm’s way,” the statement concludes. “I am pleading with the public to come forward with any knowledge of Aramazd Jr.’s whereabouts or information regarding the circumstances leading up to his disappearance.

[Image: Los Angeles Police Department]

Related Stories

Crime Time is your destination for true crime stories from around the world, breaking crime news, and information about Oxygen's original true crime shows and documentaries. Sign up for our Crime Time Newsletter and subscribe to our true crime podcast Martinis & Murder for all the best true crime content. 

You May Also Like...
Recommended by Zergnet