Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

New Hampshire Man Allegedly Forced His Wife To Decapitate Her Lover In Deadly Love Triangle

The wife has since claimed that she was forced to take part in her lover's murder.

By Sharon Lynn Pruitt

A New Hampshire couple was arrested earlier this month in connection to a missing man's death, with authorities claiming that the pair murdered him together after the husband found out about an affair the man was having with his wife.

Britany Barron, 31, and Armando Barron, 30, were arrested on Thursday and Friday, respectively, in relation to the murder of 25-year-old Jonathan Amerault, whose body was found in Coos County on Tuesday, New Hampshire State Police announced in a press release last week. Armando has been accused of luring Amerault to Annett Wayside Park in Rindge on the night of September 19 and fatally shooting him. An autopsy report concluded that Amerault died from a gunshot wound to the head, the release stated.

The Barrons and Amerault are believed to have been involved in a love triangle that turned deadly. Britany allegedly told police that she was having an affair with Amerault, who was her co-worker at a medical supply company. She claimed when her husband found out, he used her cell phone to get Amerault to come to the park, where he assaulted the other man, according to affidavit obtained by The Keene Sentinel.

Armando Brittany Barron Pd

Britany went on to allege that her husband tried to make her kill Amerault, but when she refused to pull the trigger, he took matters into his own hands, the affidavit stated. Armando allegedly took the gun and ordered Amerault to get into his car, and the couple joined them. She claimed Armando then told her to cut Amerault's wrists, and she obliged. He then allegedly shot Amerault three times, twice in the chest and once in the head, killing him.

Britany then said that following the shooting, her husband purchased items like a tarp, which were to be used in the disposal of the body and evidence; he also allegedly ordered her to accompany him to a wooded area, where he forced her to cut off Amerault's head so that his dental records could not be used to identify him, The Sentinel reports, citing police documents.

She said they then buried Amerault's head and his body separately.

Britany claimed that her husband destroyed Amerault's phone and told her to text her loved ones and tell them that she was going to New Mexico for awhile for a fresh start, according to The Sentinel. He then allegedly left her at a campsite and ordered her to get rid of of Amerault's body before he returned in a few days time.

Amerault was reported missing on September 21 after he failed to show up for work, police announced in a press release earlier this month. His loved ones had not heard from him since the evening of September 19, police previously said.

Amerault's body was discovered on September 22, according to police. Two conservation officers came across Britany at a campsite in Errol. When they informed her that she was not allowed to camp there, they noticed something hidden underneath a tarp, which was later revealed to be Amerault's car, the affidavit stated, according to The Sentinel. At a later visit to the campsite, they found marks in the mud suggesting that someone had been dragged and, finally, what appeared to be a human body wrapped in a tarp, prompting Britany's arrest.

Armando was arrested the following day, after failing to meet with police to discuss his wife's arrest, even though he agreed to when first contacted by authorities, the outlet reports. 

Armando was charged with capital murder while Britany is facing three counts of falsifying physical evidence, police said Friday.

Both have pleaded not guilty, with Britany claiming that her husband assaulted her before Amerault's murder, giving her two black eyes, forcing a gun in her mouth, and attempting to choke her to death, according to The Sentinel. Her attorney, Richard Guerriero, insisted during her arraignment Friday that she only took part in Amerault's murder because she thought her husband would kill her.

“This really started with her being beaten severely,” Guerriero said, according to the outlet. “If you look at her face right now ... she still has the bruising on her face and around her eyes and it’s described in the affidavit. Armando beat her severely and threatened her. He put a gun in her mouth, an obvious threat to kill her.”

However, prosecutors argued that she had multiple opportunities to reach out for help but chose not to, per The Sentinel's report. The judge agreed, and both Armando and Britany Baron were ordered detained without bail.

Amerault worked for several years at Teleflex as a biomedical manufacturing engineer and enjoyed hiking in his free time, his online obituary states. He was also an avid runner during his time at Milford High School, acting as captain of the indoor track, outdoor track, and cross country teams.

His death left those who knew him shocked and devastated, The Sentinel reports.

“For someone to do something like that is crazy,” Danielle Atkinson, who knew Amerault as a teen, told the outlet. “He was such a great guy that it just doesn’t make sense.”