Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

Autopsy Is Complete For Los Angeles Model Dumped At Hospital, But Cause Of Death Is Still A Mystery

A spokesperson for the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner said “additional information and/or testing” is needed before authorities can determine a cause or manner of death for Christy Giles.

By Jill Sederstrom
Model Christy Giles Is Dead And Family Suspects Foul Play

The autopsy for model Christy Giles is complete, but authorities are waiting for further testing to determine a cause and manner of death for the California model, whose lifeless body was dropped outside a Los Angeles hospital Saturday.

A spokesperson for the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner confirmed to People that the case is pending “additional information and/or testing” which has delayed Giles’ official cause and manner of death.

Mystery continues to surround the model and aspiring actress’ death after the 24-year-old and her designer friend, Hilda Marcela Cabrales-Arzola, 26, were dropped at separate Los Angeles hospitals two hours apart after a night out with friends.

The two friends had reportedly gone to a warehouse party in Los Angeles on Friday night when Cabrales-Arzola met a guy, who invited her to an after party in the Hollywood Hills, KTLA reports.

Giles’ husband Jan Cilliers believes the two women may have meet with foul play after looking through his wife’s final text messages and finding the last text she sent was to Cabrales-Arzola around 5:30 a.m. on Saturday, suggesting that they leave, according to KABC.

“I’ve got all the messages that she exchanged with anybody else that night and she was texting Marcela, the girl that she was with, at 5:30 saying let’s get out of here with a wide eye emoji,” Cilliers said.

Cabrales-Arzola allegedly responded “Yes. I’ll call an Uber. 10 min away.”

But Giles’ mother, Dusty Giles, told KABC from her home in Alabama that the Uber driver waited, but no one ever came out of the apartment. Cilliers said their iCloud account shows that no further messages were sent or checked from Giles’ phone.

According to the family, Giles’ lifeless body was dropped at a Southern California Hospital nearly 12 hours later by men seen in a video concealing their identities and driving a vehicle with no license plate. Cabrales-Arzola was left two hours later at a Kaiser Permanente hospital in West Los Angeles, where she was in critical condition, according to KABC.

“These men did something to subdue and keep my daughter in their apartment for 10 to 12 hours,” Dusty Giles said.

According to Cilliers, Cabrales-Arzola’ toxicology reports revealed that she had heroin in her system but he told KABC that was “nothing that either of those girls would ever do, not voluntarily.”

While local media outlets have suggested that police believe Giles’ may have died from a possible overdose, a spokesperson with the Los Angeles Police Department would not confirm that to Oxygen.com and said the investigation was ongoing.

Giles’ mother is planning to fly to California to attend her daughter’s memorial service.

"It means a lot to us that our daughter touched so many in her short, but yet wonderful, extraordinary life," she said.

Read more about: