Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

Doorbell Cam Captures Football Fan Begging For Help After He’s Allegedly Kidnapped, Robbed And Shot

The victim, only identified as Anthony, said he was attacked while visiting Arizona to root on Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl. 

By Jill Sederstrom

All one Ohio State fan wanted was to cheer on his favorite team, but his trip to the Fiesta Bowl in Arizona turned into a nightmare after he was allegedly carjacked, kidnapped, robbed and shot.

The man—identified as Anthony—was captured on a doorbell surveillance camera begging for help after the harrowing ordeal, with a bullet in his back.

“Hey, I’ve been shot,” he said in the Ring footage obtained by ABC News. “I’ve been shot.”

Anthony sought help at the home of a firefighter named Jerry who had just turned off his 5 a.m. alarm when the doorbell rang. 

“Who is it?” Jerry asked.

“It’s Anthony, I’ve been shot,” the wounded football fan replied.

“Whose Anthony?” the skeptical firefighter first asked.

“Just call 911, I’ve been shot,” Anthony replied. “I swear to God.”

“Get the f--- out of here,” Jerry replied.

However, Jerry, who told local station KNXV-TV he initially thought Anthony was on drugs and had not been shot at all, did call 911 and likely saved Anthony’s life.

Roderick Jabri Smith Pd

Anthony, a San Diego man who had been in town for the Fiesta Bowl, later told detectives he had been sleeping in his car outside an apartment complex when he woke up to find three people outside his car pointing a gun at him, according to the local station.

The men forced him into the backseat of the car and then took him on a terrifying ride as they stopped at area ATMs and forced him to make withdrawals, he told police.

After the robbery, his sister told KNXV-TV the men forced him out of the car near an open field, pointed a gun at him and told him “It’s over.” Anthony pleaded for the men to just take him home, but they began to fire.

“It sounded like five or six [gunshots],” resident Sandy Rees, who heard the gunfire, told the station, adding that she later heard two more shots.

Anthony was struck in the back with a bullet that went into his abdomen but still managed to flee and began banging on nearby doors for help.

Police later arrested three teenagers in connection with the carjacking and shooting. Investigators have not revealed the identity of the 16-year-old and 17-year-old suspects, but did name the 18-year-old suspect as Roderick Smith.

Smith allegedly told police the teens got somewhere between $300 and $600 during the robbery, according to an incident report obtained by the station.

Anthony was taken to an area hospital where he was treated for his injuries.

“He feels very lucky to be alive but he is extremely traumatized,” his sister Michelle told KNXV-TV.

Read more about: