Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News

Police Search Lake For Teen Missing Since Fourth Of July And Whose Final Moments Were Allegedly Captured On FaceTime

Haylie Gonzalez was allegedly last seen alive with Eduardo Bonilla-Lopez, who is now charged with her murder.

By Jax Miller
Haylie Gonzalez Fb

Authorities in Oklahoma City are focusing on a lake in the continued search for a teen who is presumed murdered and whose final moments were allegedly captured on a FaceTime video call.

Haylie Gonzalez, 17, was last seen at a Fourth of July party at the home of 18-year-old Eduardo Bonilla-Lopez in Oklahoma City, according to KFOR News. Now, authorities are searching Lake Overholser for the second day in a row.

Bonilla-Lopez later allegedly confessed to shooting Haylie in the head and capturing live footage of Haylie in the passenger’s seat of his car as she succumbed to her injuries, according to court records cited by KFOR.

Despite this, Haylie remains missing.

“This is very complex,” Oklahoma City PD Master Sgt. Dillon Quirk told KFOR. “We have probable cause to believe that Ms. Gonzalez is the victim of a homicide.”

Haylie Gonzalez Fb

According to an incident report obtained by Oxygen.com, Haylie was reported missing on July 8 by her older brother and mother. Relatives said she’d went to Bonilla-Lopez’s party but hadn’t reported her missing when she didn't return, as Haylie had a history of running away in the past.

The next day, police arrested Bonilla-Lopez on charges of felony kidnapping and murder in the first degree, according to arrest records.

“We’re still continuing the search for her,” Quirk told Oxygen.com. “Families’ efforts are continuing to search for her and obtain answers.”

On the night of July 4, Haylie called and asked a friend for a ride from the party, according to court records obtained by KFOR. The friend said she sounded scared.

When the friend arrived at the house party, they saw Bonilla-Lopez washing his hands outside, with Haylie nowhere to be found, according to KFOR.

Another witness told authorities they were at the party when Bonilla-Lopez “shot and killed someone,” according to KFOR. Bonilla-Lopez later allegedly used FaceTime to call the witness and ask them for help in disposing of a body.

The witness allegedly saw Haylie still alive in the video call. She was “bleeding from her head, leaning over and trying to speak” from the passenger’s seat of the car, according to records cited by KFOR.

The witness said they refused to help Bonilla-Lopez and suggested he take Haylie to the hospital.

Later that night, Bonilla-Lopez called the same witness back, stating he “took care of the girl, acknowledging he finished killing her and dumped her body off,” according to court records.

Eduardo Bonilla Lopez Pd

On Tuesday, the Oklahoma City Police Department issued a statement saying, “there will be a broad police presence at Lake Overholser as our efforts continue in the search for missing person, Haylie Gonzalez.

It was not clear why authorities focused their attention on the lake

“I just want them to find her,” Haylie’s mother, Yvonne Turner, told KFOR.

Haylie’s father suspects there is more to the story.

“The dude only had so much time to do this, and it doesn’t add up,” said Greg Turner. “There were more hands involved.”

Haylie’s older brother, Raymond Cox, created a GoFundMe page for their family, citing financial strain as they prepare for Haylie’s funeral.

“Haylie meant the world to me and those around her,” said Cox. “Too soon was she plucked from this world.”

Anyone with information is asked to call the Oklahoma City PD homicide tip line at 405-297-1200.