Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!
‘It Still Haunts Me.' Music Exec Gets 4 Years For Sexual Abuse Of Unconscious Women
“I will never forget the sheer terror I felt that night,” one woman said in her victim impact statement at Lublin's sentencing.
A former New York music executive has been sentenced after his conviction for sexually abusing four women as they slept or were unconscious.
Judge Laura Ward gave Adam Lublin a four-year prison term during his hearing at Manhattan Supreme Court on Monday, prosecutors said. The 45-year-old also faces five years of supervised release after his prison sentence concludes.
Lublin pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree burglary as a sexually motivated felony and two counts of first-degree sexual abuse on Aug. 17. Each charge was in reference to separate victims. Prosecutors had originally recommended Lublin be sentenced to a 10-year prison stint.
Some of his former victims, who spoke in court on Monday, described his punishment as a farce and insisted it was far too lenient.
“Honestly, I don’t think four years is nearly enough,” one woman said in a victim impact statement read in court Monday, the New York Post reported. “I don’t think that’s fair. I think you could have done better... I hope you get what you deserve in jail.”
Lublin was arrested for sexually assaulting the woman, who had been unconscious inside his upscale Manhattan apartment, on Sept. 10, 2019. Prosecutors said he snapped at least five photos “depicting genitals” of the woman “who appears to be asleep.'
In two earlier, separate incidents, Lublin was accused of sneaking into a neighbor’s apartment, sexually assaulting two women there and stealing their underwear.
“I woke up that night with somebody’s hand in my vagina,” one of the women told the court this week in her victim impact statement. “It’s been over two years and it still haunts me. It impacted my ability to sleep to this day.”
Lublin was also found guilty of sexually assaulting a 22-year-old receptionist on Nov. 22, 2015, after the woman stayed over at his residence.
“I will never forget the sheer terror I felt that night,” she stated in her impact statement, which Oxygen.com obtained. “Tears filled my closed eyelids as your fingers were inside of me. Part of me was terrified to open my eyes to the reality of what was happening.”
She also disclosed she’d had “recurring nightmares” pertaining to her assault for more than half a decade.
“I came forward because if there was any way to help maximize your sentence, by hell or high water, I would do so,” she added. “I came forward because I have a voice and I believe in my power — no thanks to you, but thanks to the 22 year-old I was then, and to the woman I’ve become.”
Meanwhile, Lublin’s defense lawyer, Scott Leemon, described his client’s sentence as “fair and just under the circumstances.”
“I’d like to thank Justice Ward for all the hard work that was put into these cases,” Leemon told Oxygen.com on Tuesday.
The Manhattan attorney was adamant his client was remorseful.
“As Adam said, he is truly sorry for the harm he inflicted.”
Lublin was remanded to custody following the hearing.
The disgraced entertainment talent scout worked at Anschutz Entertainment Group for almost 10 years, prior to joining First Access Entertainment in 2017. Lublin managed hip-hop artist Young Thug and also worked with a number of other high-profile hip-hop musicians, according to the Rolling Stone.