Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

Mom Accused Of Smothering Her 9-Month-Old Baby To Death While High On Multiple Drugs

Heather Hall's boyfriend told authorities he found her sleeping in bed with her three children, while her legs lay over her 9-month old child, who was face down in the bed.

By Jill Sederstrom

A Louisiana woman has been accused of smothering her 9-month-old daughter to death after falling asleep on top of the baby while high on multiple drugs.

Heather Lucille Hall, 28, is now facing second-degree murder charges in the child’s death.

Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s deputies were called to a West Monroe home on Thursday after receiving a report that a 9-month-old girl was not breathing. They arrived to discover the young child had died, according to a statement from authorities.

Hall’s boyfriend, Jeffery Snell, told investigators that he had left the home that morning and had returned soon after to work on a vehicle, according to documents in the case obtained by WVLA-TV. Hall’s uncle later asked Snell to wake Hall because he wanted to go to the store with her.

When Snell went into the bedroom, he told authorities he found Hall asleep in the bed with three small children. Her legs were on top of the 9-month-old child, who was face down on the bed.

Heather Hall

When he tried to wake Hall, he realized the baby wasn't breathing. Hall did wake up and grabbed the baby, ran to the kitchen and dropped the child onto the floor, authorities said.

A witness at the scene began to perform CPR until authorities arrived, according to the Monroe News-Star.

Hall later allegedly admitted to using meth on Tuesday and said she had also taken ecstasy on Wednesday night before she went to sleep with the children.

An analysis later revealed Hall tested positive for meth, marijuana, ecstasy and amphetamines, according to authorities.

Hall is being held at the Ouachita Correctional Center.

Glenn Springfield of the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office told Oxygen.com the case remains “under investigation.”