Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

Missing Pennsylvania Woman Found Dead In Abandoned Lot, Man She Met On Train Charged With Murder

Kareem Malik Davis-Duppins allegedly told authorities he met Sabrina DuBose on a train and took her back to an apartment building where he worked, but ended up strangling her after the pair had an argument.

By Jill Sederstrom
Sabrina DuBose Found Dead In Pennsylvania Lot

A missing Pennsylvania woman has been found dead and abandoned in a trash bag, and a man she met the same day she vanished has now been charged in her death.

Authorities discovered the body of 25-year-old Sabrina DuBose in an overgrown lot in Philadelphia’s East Germantown section — after being led to the location by Kareem Malik Davis-Duppins, 26, who now stands accused of killing the 25-year-old, according to local station KYW-TV.

Delaware County District Attorney Jack Stollsteimer announced the arrest in a press conference Wednesday, ending a search that lasted over for a month for DuBose, who disappeared May 22, according to the Haverford Township Police.

Authorities believe DuBose and Davis-Duppins met the day she disappeared while both were passengers on the SEPTA line.

“They had an interaction from there, a social interaction, that turned deadly,” Stollsteimer said, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer.

Police believe the pair got off the train together and went to a nearby apartment building complex, where Davis-Duppins worked.

Davis-Duppins allegedly told investigators he and DuBose went into an apartment unit to have sex and began to argue about drugs and money, according to a criminal complaint obtained by local station WCAU.

During the argument, Davis-Duppins allegedly pushed her, causing her to fall and hit her head on a radiator.

He told police the 25-year-old was knocked unconscious, but began screaming and saying she had been raped when she woke up, according to charging documents obtained by the local paper. He then allegedly said he strangled her and put her body in an elevator shaft where he stored it for a week before moving it to the abandoned lot.

Police identified Davis-Duppins as a suspect in the slaying through cell phone records, video surveillance cameras outside the train station, and multiple witnesses who he had confided in about the crime, The Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

Authorities first approached Davis-Duppins on May 29 but he initially denied any involvement in her disappearance.

Davis-Duppins is now facing charges of first-degree murder, abuse of a corpse, and other related crimes. He is being held without bail in Delaware County prison.