Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

West Virginia Parents Found Dead Day After Their Young Daughters Were Murdered, Police Say

Keven Anderson and Helen Rattamasribounreuang's two daughters were found dead in a stream over the weekend.

By Sharon Lynn Pruitt

One day after two young girls were found murdered in West Virginia, their parents — who were wanted for questioning in the case — were also found dead, according to authorities.

West Virginia State Police confirmed to Oxygen.com that Keven Anderson, 40, and Helen Rattamasribounreuang, 30, were found deceased in the Ballard area on Sunday.

The day before the couple was found, police were seeking them both for questioning in relation to the deaths of their two daughters — one, a toddler, and the other around 8 years old — who were found slain the previous day, on Saturday, the Bluefield Daily Telegraph reports. The discovery of the two girls prompted a homicide investigation.

Troopers, along with officials with the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources, found the two girls deceased in a stream on Saturday at around 2 p.m., according to a press release obtained by Oxygen.com. Shortly afterward, police revealed that Anderson and Rattamasribounreuang were nowhere to be found, and named both as persons of interest in the case. Authorities also stated that, during the course of their investigation, they discovered that an attempted arson had occurred at Anderson and Rattamasribounreuang’s home in Ballard.

Helen Rattamasribounreuang Keven Anderson

A number of agencies, including West Virginia State Police and the Monroe County Sheriff's Department, had been searching for the pair since Saturday night, local outlet WVVA reports.

Authorities have not yet released any details regarding the circumstances surrounding the deaths of the children, nor the deaths of Anderson and Rattamasribounreuang, who were found in a wooded area near their house, according to the Bluefield Daily Telegraph. The names of the children have also not been released publicly.

The investigation into the matter is ongoing, according to local outlet WOWK.