Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

Mom Who Blamed Toddler Son's Death On Road Rage Arrested

Lacravivonne Monique Washington has been arrested after police say they found a gun in her glovebox following the fatal shooting of her toddler son Jalexus Washington.

By Gina Tron
Lacravivonne Washington

A Texas woman who blamed her toddler son’s death on road rage violence has now been arrested in connection with his fatal shooting.

The Dallas Police arrested Lacravivonne Monique Washington, 26, on Thursday and charged her with tampering with physical evidence and endangering a child in connection with the Monday shooting of her 3-year-old son Jalexus Washington, a press release from the department states.

“An investigation determined Washington concealed a handgun during the investigation into the death” of her son, police allege, adding that the “weapon is owned by Washington.”

The gun was allegedly found in the glove compartment of Washington’s vehicle, the Associated Press reports

On Monday, Washington brought Jalexus into an emergency room suffering from a single gunshot wound to the face. The boy died as a result of his injuries while in the emergency room.

“The mother claimed to have been involved in a road rage incident with a dark-colored 4-door sedan being driven by a Black male in a red shirt,” police state. “At this time, Dallas Police has not found a legitimate crime scene or evidence related to a road rage incident.”

An autopsy has also revealed that the boy had powder burns around his wound which mean that he was likely shot at a close range, according to the Associated Press.  

Washington later told police that her children were jumping between the front and back seat of her vehicle when she heard two gunshots, an affidavit obtained by the Associated Press reports. Jalexus, along with two other children, ages 2 and 4, were unbuckled in the back, NBC Dallas-Fort Worth reports.

Police say that Washington and her son were seen at a donut shop at approximately 9:38 am on Monday. He arrived at the hospital at 9:57 am.

"The investigation is ongoing and Dallas Police detectives are working to determine what happened during that time period between the donut shop and the hospital arrival," they state.

Washington’s bond has been set at $25,000. It’s not clear if she has an attorney.