Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!
Michigan Man Convicted Of Violent Triple Homicide Confronts Victims' Family At Sentencing
Nicholas Bahri was convicted in April for the murders of Tukoyo Moore, Moore's fiancée, Isis Rimson, and his 6-year-old son, Tai’Raz Moore. Bahri confronted the victims' family at a sentencing hearing, which had been halted.
A Michigan man convicted of killing three people — including a 6-year-old child — had an outburst in court during his sentencing, prompting his victims’ loved ones to leave the courtroom.
Nicholas Bahri, 39, was found guilty in April for the brutal 2020 triple homicide of a man, his fiancée and his son, according to Fox Detroit affiliate WJBK. Tukoyo Moore, 32, was found shot to death in a burning car in Detroit, while his son, Tai’Raz Moore, 6, and Moore’s fiancée, Isis Rimson, 28, were found shot to death execution-style in the Moores’ Warren, Michigan home.
Bahri was convicted on multiple charges related to the slayings, including three counts of first-degree felony murder and three counts of first-degree premeditated murder. Other charges included arson, mutilation of a body and seven firearm charges.
He was due to be sentenced at a hearing on Wednesday at which he appeared virtually, but then requested that he be sentenced in person, according to WDIV. The judge agreed, ultimately pushing the hearing date to June 29.
But before the court could adjourn, Bahri — who had been told by the judge that he could not address the court directly until the official sentencing — interrupted the proceedings.
“I have real footage that’s not doctored, that’s not slowed down and stopped to the point when his heart stops,” Bahri called out to the victims' family members, ignoring the judge’s orders that he was not yet allowed to speak. “And then I actually have real timelines of when this stuff happened. Doesn’t the family want to know that?”
People in the gallery can be heard answering “No,” as the victims’ loved ones got up and walked out of the courtroom, some of them in tears.
“He does not get killed in my driveway,” Bahri yelled. “Period.”
“They deserve to know the truth!” he added.
The judge ordered the court secretary to “mute the jail,” silencing Bahri.
Bahri was referring to Tukoyo Moore, whom Bahri shot in the neck on Sept. 30, 2020 as the victim sat in his rental car in Bahri’s Bloomfield Hills driveway, according to the Macomb Daily. The two men knew each other after having served time in prison.
Moore was found the next day in the backseat of the burning vehicle, about 11 miles from his home.
When authorities went to Moore’s home to notify his family members of his death, they found Tai’Raz and Isis. Warren Police Commissioner William Dwyer stated both woman and child had been shot in the head with a shotgun, according to The Detroit News. The Daily reported that both victims had defensive wounds on their arms and had been shot multiple times.
Dwyer said the motive behind the murder was money and drugs: Dwyer indicated that Moore was a possible drug dealer and that Bahri ransacked his house in an effort to steal $40,000 from a locked safe, as well as a small amount of drugs, the Daily reported.
During the trial, prosecutors showed a selfie of Bahri holding a wad of cash just one day after the murders.
After the outburst, Bahri’s attorney tried to withdraw from the case, but the judge ordered that he not be excused, according to WDIV. Instead, the judge provided Bahri with a public defender and ordered the current attorney to confer with the new one.
The judge reminded everyone that Bahri has the right to face his sentencing in person.
“Folks, I know that all of you have been here a long time anticipating sentencing,” the judge said. “However, the law requires that if he desires to be present, he has the right to be present, and it’s mandatory we adjourn this until that day.”
Sentencing will resume on June 29.