Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

Woman Who Disappeared After Leaving Alabama Bar With Two Men Texted Friend 'I Feel In Trouble'

Paighton Houston, 29, has been missing since Friday after a night on the town in Birmingham. 

By M.L. Nestel
Body Of Missing Alabama Woman Is Discovered In Shallow Grave

An Alabama woman, last seen leaving a Birmingham bar with two men, is missing.

Authorities are trying to find Paighton Houston, 29, of Trussville, by poring over surveillance footage and pushing for the public’s help, according to The Associated Press.

"After leaving Tin Roof with two men, the last text she sent was that she didn't know who she was with and felt she could be in trouble," her mother Charlaine Houston posted on Facebook, referring to the bar where her daughter allegedly was spending her Friday night. "She has not used her bank account in over 24 hrs and her phone is going to voicemail."

The mother noted that Paighton was last spotted at around 10:45 p.m. on Friday.

Charlaine Houston also said that her daughter managed to send a text message to a friend just after midnight on Saturday.

Paighton Laine Houston Pd

“idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble,” Paighton's text read, according to The Trussville Tribune

Paighton apparently left the bar at around 10:45 p.m. willingly with two heavy-set black males, Birmingham Police Sgt. Johnny Williams said, referring to surveillance video capturing footage at the Tin Roof bar on the evening in question, AL.com reported. 

Meanwhile, her father, Doug Houston, confirmed that relatives have been in contact with police.

“The detective on the case said he followed some leads and it didn’t turn out to be anything,” Houston told WBRC.

Paighton Laine Houston Pd

The Tin Roof bar, located in a popular entertainment district section of the city, posted a Christmas Eve message on Facebook noting that on Friday night, there were off-duty police working security.

"We hope and pray for Paighton's safe return and encourage anyone to reach out with information," the post read.