Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

Professional Women's Soccer Player Allegedly Viciously Attacks Her Team Rival

“Paris Saint-Germain condemns in the strongest possible terms the violence committed,” the French soccer team said this week following the arrest of women's team midfielder Aminata Diallo.

By Dorian Geiger
Aminata Diallo G

A professional French soccer player was arrested in Paris after a vicious assault on another teammate, according to reports.

Aminata Diallo, 26, a midfielder for Paris Saint-Germain Féminine soccer team, was taken into police custody on Wednesday morning in connection with the brutal attack on a fellow player last week. She was released without charges on Thursday, though police continue to investigate.

The club confirmed Diallo’s arrest in a publicized statement issued on Nov. 10.

“Paris Saint-Germain can confirm that Aminata Diallo was taken into custody this morning by the Versailles Regional Police Service as part of the proceedings opened following an attack on the Club's players last Thursday evening,” the statement said. “Paris Saint-Germain condemns in the strongest possible terms the violence committed.”

Paris Saint-Germain didn’t release the name of the alleged victim in the attack. However, Diallo’s teammate, 26-year-old Kheira Hamraoui, was identified by ESPN as the Paris Saint-Germain Féminine player who was injured in the attack.

The assault reportedly unfolded after a team dinner in Paris last Thursday, when Diallo gave Hamraoui a ride back to the latter’s home. Hamraoui was allegedly jumped by two men as the car was pulling up. The perpetrators, who wore ski masks, are said to have dragged Hamraoui out of the car and clubbed her with iron bars for at least two minutes before fleeing the scene.

Two other teammates were in Diallo’s vehicle at the time of the assault, ESPN reported.

Hamroui was brought to the hospital where she received stitches in her legs as a result of the apparently targeted attack. Her injuries aren’t career-threatening, ESPN reported, but Hamroui sat out Tuesday’s Champions League match versus Real Madrid Femenino

Diallo — who also plays the midfielder position — replaced Hamroui in that game, which Paris Saint-Germain decisively won 4-0. She was arrested the following day.

Diallo and Hamroui reportedly compete for the midfielder position on the team, as well as on the French woman’s national squad. Diallo was on loan first to the Utah Royals soccer team during their Covid-interrupted 2020 season and then to Atlético de Madrid Femenino starting in January 2021. An injury to her ankle necessitated surgery sidelined her for much of the season in Spain, but she returned to the pitch in mid-April for the Spanish team before returning to play for Paris Saint-German on July 15.

Diallo had posted a picture on Instagram of herself, Hamroui and Atlético de Madrid Femenino player Aïssatou Tounkara vacationing between Christmas and New Years last year.

Diallo was released from police custody on Thursday, ESPN reported. One other individual, who wasn’t identified by law enforcement, was also detained for questioning in connection to the incident. The Versailles prosecutor's office haven’t yet filed any charges in relation to the suspected attack, but detectives’ investigation into the matter is ongoing, officials said.

It’s unclear what Diallo’s status is with the French football club, however, the team stated it has “taken all necessary measures to guarantee the health, well-being and safety of its entire women's team.”

“Paris Saint-Germain is working with the Versailles Police to clarify the facts,” the football team’s statement added. “The Club is paying close attention to the progress of the proceedings and will study what action to take.”

No further information was immediately released by authorities, and Paris police officials didn’t respond to Oxygen.com’s requests for comment surrounding the open case on Thursday afternoon.

Read more about: