Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!
The girlfriend of slain rapper PnB Rock, who some people had unfairly and incorrectly blamed for the circumstances surrounding his death, has spoken out about his murder in an emotional Instagram post.
Stephanie Sibounheuang posted a compilation video of herself, Rock and their kids on Thursday, captioning it, "I am 100% not ok."
"I will never understand a loss so close," she added. "I feel so empty. My world is dark now. My heart is broken for the kids. Cover me with strength, grace, and vision to carry on for the family."
She also described the robbery and shooting that claimed the rapper's life, which she witnessed.
"My man saved my life, Throwing me under that table," she said. "I’m not supposed to be here but bc of him."
Rock, whose given name was Rakim Hasheem Allen, and Sibounheuang were eating lunch at Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles in south Los Angeles around 1:42 p.m. on Sept. 12 when a masked robber — who police now say was the 17-year-old son of Freddie Lee Trone, 40 — walked into the restaurant and up to their table, then pointed a gun at the pair.
According to a criminal complaint, the teen allegedly said to Rock, “Give me all of your jewelry now,” and shot him once in the chest. After Rock fell to the ground, he shot him twice more in the back. He then allegedly pointed the gun at Sibounheuang and threatened to shoot her in the head before ripping Rock's jewelry from his body.
It's unclear at what point the injured rapper was able to shield his girlfriend, who was uninjured in the robbery.
He allegedly left with the rapper's necklaces, rings and watches, as well as Sibounheuang's watch, climbed into the waiting car with Trone, and drove off.
The severely injured Rock was transferred to the hospital but died.
A now-deleted geotagged Instagram post by Sibounheuang prompted online speculation that she led the two robbers there, but police alleged that Trone and his son were parked outside the restaurant when she and Rock arrived and decided to rob him on the spot. (Notably, Bronx-based rapper Cardi B defended Sibounheuang at the time, correctly tweeting that she doubted armed robbers were scouring Sibounheuang's Instagram. "He was in a bad location and people stay outside plotting," she tweeted. "It’s very irresponsible and inconsiderate to blame her for something so tragic.")
Sibounheuang alleges in her post that responding officers did not allow her to accompany her dying partner to the hospital or give her timely information on his passing.
"TBH, I can’t even handle this," she wrote. "To witness what I saw and to keep seeing it in my head, to being forced out the restaurant, to not be able to go in the ambulance or the hospital, Car keys, purse and my phone taken from me, forced in the back of a police car, locked in an interrogation room all night, while all this is going on and to be the last person in this world to know my man didn’t make it after having the faith and confidence that he was."
Trone's unnamed son and his wife, Shauntel Trone, 38, were arrested separately on Sept. 27 in Los Angeles. Shauntel Trone has been charged with felony accessory to murder, according to the New York Post, and was released on bond on Oct. 1, according to jail records reviewed by Oxygen.com. She was due back in court on Thursday.
The alleged gunman was charged in juvenile court with one count of murder, one count of conspiracy to commit robbery and two counts of second-degree robbery. Officials told L.A. Fox affiliate KTTV at the time of his arrested that the teen was "out on parole or probation at the time of the shooting" and had an ankle monitor that "apparently was not being monitored."
Los Angeles County D.A. George Gascón's office has not yet decided whether to charge him as an adult. Upon taking office, Gascón had created a policy to never charge juveniles as adults, but earlier this year decided to make exceptions on a case-by-case basis, according to the LA Times. Cases under consideration for transfer to adult court must be brought to a new committee composed of the prosecutor, the deputy-in-charge, the assistant head deputy and the head deputy of the Juvenile Division. The teen is due back in juvenile court on Oct. 19.
Freddie Trone was arrested on a fugitive warrant in Las Vegas on Sept. 30. He was charged with one count of murder, one count of conspiracy to commit robbery and two counts of second-degree robbery. He remains incarcerated in the Clark County, Nevada jail, according to court records reviewed by Oxygen.com, and is due in court on Nov. 2.
Crime News is your destination for true crime stories from around the world, breaking crime news, and information about Oxygen's original true crime shows and documentaries. Sign up for Oxygen Insider for all the best true crime content.