Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View

Ricky Martin's Nephew Drops Case Against Singer After Alleging Incest, Stalking

Ricky Martin tweeted out "truth prevails" after his 21-year-old nephew dropped a case against him, weeks after the man alleged that the two had been involved in a romantic relationship.

Ricky Martin poses during the amfAR Cannes Gala

A nephew of singer-songwriter Ricky Martin has dropped a case against him, after alleging that they had been in a romantic relationship after which the singer stalked him. 

In a virtual court hearing held on Thursday in Puerto Rico, the nephew “voluntarily desisted” from moving forward, a court spokesperson told NBC News. The judge then decided to not extend a temporary restraining order filed against and put in place against Martin earlier this month.

On Wednesday, a member of Martin’s legal team told NBC News that the singer was prepared “directly address the judge at the hearing” and to deny any romantic or sexual relationship with his relative. He had also planned to refute that he was stalking his nephew, who is 21, according to Page Six.

In the protection order, the relative accused Martin, 50, of calling him and “hanging around his residence on at least 3 occasions” after they “separated 2 months ago,” according to NBC News. The relative had claimed that the two dated for seven months prior to that.

The temporary restraining order against Martin was granted under Puerto Rico’s Domestic Violence Prevention and Intervention Law, according to court documents obtained by Telemundo.

Marty Singer, one of Martin’s attorneys, had stated earlier this month that  “the person who made this claim is struggling with deep mental health challenges. Ricky Martin has, of course, never been — and would never be — involved in any kind of sexual or romantic relationship with his nephew,” according to NBC News.

The “Livin’ La Lida Loca” singer took to Twitter on Thursday to share a joint statement from his attorneys which reads: “Just as we had anticipated, the temporary protection order was not extended by the Court."

"This was never anything more than a troubled individual making false allegations with absolutely nothing to substantiate them," they added. "We are glad that our client saw justice done and can now move forward with his life and his career.”

“Truth prevails,” Martin captioned the statement.

Calling All True Crime Fans
Oxygen Insider is your all-access pass to never-before-seen content, free digital evidence kits, and much more!
Sign Up for Free
Related

Crime News is your destination for true crime stories from around the world, breaking crime news, and information about Oxygen's original true crime shows and documentaries. Sign up for Oxygen Insider for all the best true crime content. 

You May Also Like...
Recommended by Zergnet