Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!
The stars of “Sex and the City” have broken their silence after castmate Chris Noth was accused of sexual assault, announcing that they stand by his accusers.
Noth, who long starred as “Mr. Big” in the “Sex and the City” franchise, had joined the original three out of four main characters (Kim Cattrall did not return to the series) in the recent reboot “And Just Like That.” However, his character was killed offed during the first episode.
The publicity surrounding the revival of the popular series inspired two women to come forward to accuse Noth, 67, of sexual assault in a Hollywood Reporter article published last week. Both had reached out to the outlet independently of one another, and months apart. A third accuser came forward with similar allegations one day after explosive story.
“We support the women who have come forward and shared their painful experiences,” Parker, Davis and Nixon wrote in their statement. “We know it must be a very difficult thing to do and we commend them for it.”
Zoe, now 40, and Lily, now 31, had told The Hollywood Reporter that they were assaulted in Los Angeles in 2004 and New York in 2015, respectively. Zoe alleges that Noth raped her at his apartment when she was 22 after pursuing her at her job, a high-profile firm where Noth and other celebrities did business. Lily was a server in the VIP section of a New York City nightclub when she said Noth invited her back to his apartment and sexually assaulted her.
Noth has said that both encounters were consensual.
“It’s difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don’t know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women,” he said in a statement after news broke regarding the first two women.
Under the pseudonym Ava, the third accuser told the Daily Beast in a Friday report that Noth sexually assaulted her in 2010 when she was 18. Ava, now a 30-year-old tech executive, alleged that Noth attacked her in the back office of a New York City restaurant, where she worked as both a hostess and show tune singer.
Noth has also vehemently denied that accusations, telling People through a rep that the accusation is “a complete fabrication.”
“The alleged accounts detailed throughout read like a piece of bad fiction,” his rep stated on Friday. “Chris has no knowledge of who this individual is and, as stated yesterday, has and would never cross that line.”
A3 Artists Agency has dropped Noth as a client on Friday, People reports. On Monday, CBS Network stated that Noth would no longer star in its drama "The Equalizer."
Crime News is your destination for true crime stories from around the world, breaking crime news, and information about Oxygen's original true crime shows and documentaries. Sign up for Oxygen Insider for all the best true crime content.