Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News

Woman Allegedly Murdered 2-Year-Old She Was Babysitting And Abused His Corpse

Tianna Parks told the father of 2-year-old King Hill that she'd dropped the boy off with his mother, but he was nowhere to be found, Philadelphia authorities say.

By Daniel Egitto
4 Disturbing Cases of Nanny Crimes

A Philadelphia woman has been arrested after allegedly murdering a 2-year-old boy she was babysitting and abusing his corpse, the Philadelphia Department of Justice announced Monday.

Tianna Parks, 24, had known 2-year-old King Hill’s stepfather for several years and often helped the man care for the toddler, Capt. Jason Smith said in a Monday press conference. Parks allegedly told the stepfather that she had dropped King off with his mother on July 7, but the mother said she never saw the boy, local station ABC 6 reports.

King was reported missing on July 8, local station CBS 3 reports. Police began investigating the disappearance, and noticed a number of inconsistencies when speaking with Parks.

“She just kept trying to deceive our investigators and lead us into a different direction,” Smith said in the press conference.

After working alongside the FBI for two weeks, police ultimately uncovered a cell phone video that they say confirms that King was killed, CBS 3 reports.

Tianna Parks Pd

Parks was arrested early Monday morning and charged with murder, abuse of a corpse, endangering the welfare of children, interference with the custody of children, unsworn falsification to authorities, false reports to law enforcement authorities, obstruction of justice and tampering with evidence, the Philadelphia Department of Justice said in a Monday press release.

Police have not yet released the contents of the video leading to Parks’ arrest, and the toddler’s location remains unknown.

“We don’t right now have the mechanism of King Hill’s death, we don’t know the date of his death, we don’t know the location of his death, nor do we know where Ms. Park disposed of his body. But we know, based on the evidence, that he was in fact killed by Ms. Parks,” homicide unit chief Anthony Voci said in the press conference.

King’s family continues to mourn the toddler’s loss and hopes that his body will soon be recovered.

“Wherever he is, whatever happened to him, just bring him back so we can put him to rest,” King’s grandmother, Kimberly Hill, told ABC 6.

Parks is being held without bail, local station KYW News reports. It is not clear whether she has an attorney who can comment on her behalf.