Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!
Actress Accuses Former CBS Head Les Moonves Of Forcing Her To Perform Oral Sex During Business Meeting
Bobbie Phillips claims that Moonves said, “Be my girlfriend and I’ll put you on any show,” before sexually assaulting her in 1995.
An actress has accused former CBS chief Les Moonves of forcing her to perform oral sex on him more than 20 years ago during a business meeting, and then offering her acting gigs in an effort to buy her silence.
Bobbie Phillips, an actress who appeared in the film “Showgirls” as well as TV shows like “The X-Files” and “Boy Meets World,” told the New York Times that the alleged assault occurred when she met Moonves, then-president of Warner Bros. Television, in his office on March 7, 1995.
After briefly discussing a handful of productions that were in the works, Moonves then exposed his erect penis to her, according to Phillips.
“Be my girlfriend and I’ll put you on any show,” he allegedly said, before grabbing her by the neck and forcing her to her knees to perform oral sex on him, according to her account. She added that Moonves left momentarily to take a call during the incident.
“I felt my blood rushing in my body. I was vibrating. I can still feel it,” Phillips said. “All I could think was that I wanted to use the baseball bat [near his desk] to knock his head off.”
Phillips told her manager at the time, Marv Dauer, that she never wanted to work with Moonves again, according to the Times. Dauer told the paper that Moonves “must have done something awful.”
“I didn’t want to push her, but she told me he violated her,” he said.
In a statement provided to the Times, Moonves painted a different picture of his encounter with Phillips, characterizing it as “consensual.”
“I strongly believe that the sexual encounter with Ms. Phillips more than 20 years ago was consensual,” Moonves said.
Years after the alleged assault, Phillips retired from acting, while Moonves would eventually become the CEO of CBS. Phillips is one of numerous women who have accused him of sexual misconduct. Following the publication of a report in the New Yorker detailing the accusations of six women, Moonves stepped down as CEO.
Before the magazine’s explosive #MeToo piece put a spotlight on Moonves’ alleged indiscretions, Dauer received phone calls from reporters looking to discuss rumors about his sexual misconduct; he declined to comment on the record, but he and Moonves later discussed the possibility of getting paid work for Phillips, who had just gotten back into acting, according to the Times.
Dauer claimed that it was Moonves who suggested finding roles for Phillips in an effort “to make amends,” but Moonves denied as much via his lawyer, the paper reports.
“I think I’ll be O.K., but if Bobbie talks, I’m done,” Moonves once told Dauer, according to a sworn statement Dauer gave to the Times.
Moonves stepped down from his position at CBS in September. He previously said in a statement to the New Yorker that the “appalling accusations” against him were “untrue,” but admitted that he’d had consensual relations with three of his accusers before he began working at CBS.
Moonves currently stands to collect a $120 million severance package from his former employer, pending the results of an internal investigation at the network. But if investigators find that Moonves was not honest or was terminated with justification, CBS could take the package off of the table, according to the Times.
[Photo Credits: Getty Images]