Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

After 16 Years On The Run, Violent Fugitive Arrested For Deaths of Sister And Ex-Girlfriend

Andre Neverson was one of the U.S. Marshal's 15 Most Wanted before being apprehended. 

By Jill Sederstrom

A man who eluded law enforcement officers for more than 16 years after allegedly shooting his sister and ex-girlfriend has been taken into custody, police say, but not before nearly escaping capture again. 

Andre Neverson, 54, was arrested Monday by Bridgeport Police for reckless driving, but Neverson gave police a fake name and was released before his true identity was discovered, according to the New York Post.

The man, who has held a spot on the U.S. Marshals' 15 Most Wanted fugitives list since 2004, was soon arrested the following day in Bridgeport, Connecticut by officers from the Connecticut Violent Felony Squad, the New York/New Jersey Regional Fugitive Task Force and U.S. Marshals, ending his time on the run.

The officers had received information he was hiding in a house and waited until they saw him leaving the home before apprehending him, a statement from the U.S. Marshal's office said.

Neverson is accused of shooting his sister, Patricia Neverson, in the head and stomach in July 2002 after the two got into an argument about money. Police say the next day he abducted an ex-girlfriend, Donna Davis, 38. Her body was discovered two days later with a gunshot wound to the head by a man walking his dog, New York's PIX 11 reported.

At the time of the killings, Neverson had been out on parole after serving time for charges of attempted murder in the second degree, assault in the first degree and criminal possession of a firearm, according to the U.S. Marshal's office. He had reportedly shot another girlfriend's uncle five times in 2000, leading to the prison time, PIX 11 reported.

After the shooting of his sister and ex-girlfriend, Neverson was reportedly seen in November of 2002 after he climbed through the window of an ex-girlfriend with a gun wanting to see his daughter. By the time law enforcement officers arrived he had left the scene.

He continued to elude officers and was featured on shows such as "America's Most Wanted" before his capture earlier this week.

Neverson's mother, Erine Neverson, told media in 2007 she hoped to see her son caught before she died, the Daily News reported.

"I want to ask him how he could do that to his sister," she had said at the time. 

She wouldn't live to see his arrest and died in 2009, but Neverson's nephew Akim Neverson, who was just 17 when his mom was shot, told the Daily News this week he was still processing the news of his uncle's arrest.

"I’m definitely relieved he’s somewhere, rather than he’s jumping out of some bush, trying to end my life," he said.

Neverson is expected to be transferred to New York City, where the NYPD has issued two murder warrants.

“The United States Marshals Service is extremely pleased to have a violent criminal, who murdered two women in New York, off the streets of Connecticut after 16 years on the run,” said U.S. Marshal Brian Taylor, District of Connecticut, in the statement.

[Photos: U.S. Marshals District of Connecticut Violent Fugitive Task Force]

Read more about: