After getting arrested last month following an alleged violent confrontation with her boyfriend, former “Bachelor” contestant Amanda Stanton has been formally charged over the incident — and has entered a plea of not guilty.
A representative for the Clark County Court confirmed to People Magazine that the 28-year-old reality television star was arraigned on Wednesday, during which she pled not guilty to one count of battery domestic violence.
She is scheduled to return to court for a bench trial on December 12, People reports.
Stanton, however, did not personally attend the hearing, according to E! News.
Known for her appearance on “Bachelor in Paradise,” Stanton is accused of getting into an angry dispute with her boyfriend Bobby Jacobs during a bachelorette party at a hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Steve Honig, a representative for Stanton, told Entertainment Tonight that following a “few drinks” at the event, Stanton got “a bit rambunctious” and hotel security asked her and her partner to be quiet. She then gave Jacobs what her rep referred to as a “playful shove,” prompting hotel security to call the police.
A police report of the episode tells a more destructive story: according to a document viewed by TMZ, Jacobs claimed that Stanton started punching him while he was in bed, and after an argument, she tried to hit him with the room’s phone.
"A physical altercation took place in a hotel room where it is alleged that Stanton battered her boyfriend," the Las Vegas Metro Police told ET at the time.
Stanton was booked at the Clark County Detention Center during the early hours of September 10 on one count of battery domestic violence; she was released later that day.
Honig’s statement to ET also maintained that Stanton was “embarrassed” and “ashamed” of what happened, and included an apology to hotel security and the LVMP on her behalf.
“Amanda is a gentle, respectful person who has never gotten physical with anyone under any circumstance,” the statement said.
[Photo Credit: Getty]