A former University of Delaware baseball player charged with raping six women is free on bail as he awaits trial.
The Delaware News Journal reports that 22-year-old Clay Conaway's parents put up four properties they own Monday to pay his $310,000 bail.
More women came forward after Conway was charged with raping a 20-year-old woman in June. Now he's indicted on six counts of second-degree rape after five others reported he had assaulted them over the last five years. He's pleaded not guilty and faces trial in December.
The indictment for the first victim states that Conaway “did intentionally engage in sexual intercourse with [name redacted] without her consent, and during the commission of the crime, did cause physical injury,” according to the Cape Gazette in Lewes, Delaware.
Court records show he's confined to home and can't contact the women and their families or be alone with any woman other than family.
“He'll be on home confinement, trust me,” Conway’s father Timothy Conaway told Sussex County Superior Court Judge Richard Stokes, according to the Cape Gazette.
Conway’s attorney Joe Hurley said "it is a daunting atmosphere right now because people jump to conclusions."
Conaway was expelled earlier this month after a university investigation into a different woman's claim that he raped her in November 2017. Police have not charged the former pitcher in that case.
Police continue to investigate any additional possible criminal incidents involving Conaway. Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex County Detective D. Kristunas at 302-752-3856. Information may also be provided by calling Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or at delaware.crimestoppersweb.com.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
[Photo: Associated Press]