Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

Man Who Allegedly Held Meth-Fueled 'Death Party' For Wife Now Charged With Murder

Duane Johnson allegedly told investigators that he didn’t call 911 when his wife Debra died in order to respect her wishes, and he wrapped her body in a bed sheet “as per the Old Testament.”

By Gina Tron

The Minnesota man who allegedly threw his dying wife a meth-fueled death party has now been charged with his late spouse’s murder.

In January, Duane Arden Johnson, 58, of Searles, called police report the death of his wife, 69-year-old Debra Lynn Johnson. When police arrived on the scene, not only did they find the woman’s lifeless body wrapped inside a sheet but also cryptic words scrawled on the door of the home and Duane Johnson naked, according to the Free Press, a publication from South-Central Minnesota.  

“Death Parade God Hell” was written in red spray paint on the couple’s front door, investigators said.

Debra had diabetes, mental health issues, and had recently suffered two heart attacks. Duane allegedly removed Debra from a medical care center against the advice of doctors, according to the Mankato Free Press. After taking her home, the couple allegedly did meth and had sex to the tune of Quiet Riot’s 1983 album “Metal Health.”

Authorities investigated Debra’s death as suspicious and Duane has now been charged with third-degree murder, according to Minnesota outlet WCCO. The murder charge has been tacked on to previous charges of criminal neglect and receiving stolen property. Several guns and ammunition were allegedly found inside the couple’s home, some of which were stolen.

Duane Johnson

Duane explained back in January that he didn’t call 911 when his spouse was dying in order to respect her wishes. After she died, he allegedly wrapped her body in a bed sheet “as per the Old Testament,” he allegedly told investigators, according to a criminal complaint cited by WCCO.

He now faces up to 25 years in prison if convicted of the murder charge. As for the other charges, he could possibly face up to another 30 years. It’s not clear if he has a lawyer who can speak on his behalf.