Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

Stepdad Raped And Brutally Beat 3-Year-Old Girl In ‘Heinous Crime’ While Mom Stood By Doing Nothing, Police Say

Three-year-old Janiyah Armanie Brooks died as a result of a severe beating and sexual assault which left her with trauma wounds all over her body. 


By Gina Tron

A Georgia man is accused of brutally beating and sexually assaulting his 3-year-old stepdaughter, who later died from her severe injuries. The girl's mother allegedly stood by and did nothing during attack.

In the morning hours of May 13, Albany police were called to the home of Gregory Parker and Crystal Brooks for an unknown issue. “When Officers asked what the problem was, Parker told police his step-daughter was unresponsive,” police wrote. “The child was taken to the hospital by EMS.”

As a result, the girl, identified as Janiyah Armanie Brooks, had to be put on a ventilator at an Atlanta hospital.

Police wrote that “a heinous crime” was committed against the child, and that she “had been severely beaten and sexually assaulted. The child had injuries to her vaginal area, ribs, along with swollen hands and unknown trauma to her head."

Janiyah Armanie Brooks

The department noted that this was likely not the first time the little girl was severely beaten.

"She appeared to have old wounds as well," they added.

Janiyah fought for her life but didn't make it. She died Saturday afternoon, according to WALB in Southern Georgia.

Crystal Brooks and Gregory Parker

Parker, 20, has been charged with aggravated child molestation, rape, aggravated sodomy, aggravated battery, battery, and cruelty to children in the first degree. Brooks, 19, has been charged with aggravated battery, battery, first degree cruelty to children and giving a false statement.

“After being questioned, investigators discovered Brooks not only knew about the child being harshly treated by Parker but was also present,” police wrote.

It’s not clear if Brooks or Parker have lawyers who can speak for them at this time.

This case remains under investigation, police noted.