‘He Ruined My Daughters:’ Mississippi Man Pleads Guilty To Child Porn And Sexual Abuse Charges

Quincy J. LaBauve was caught by police after he bragged online about molesting children on a website where he both downloaded and uploaded child porn.

The parents of two victims of sexual exploitation were overcome with emotion after a Mississippi man who was arrested last year for child porn possession pleaded guilty for sexually abusing their preteen daughters, according to reports.

Quincy J. LaBauve entered guilty pleas for three felonies — one charge of sexual battery and two charges of sexual exploitation — on Tuesday, the Gulfport, Miss.-based Sun Herald reports.

As the judge began reading the charges to the court, the victim’s father yelled that he hopes LaBauve “rot[s] in hell,” according to the outlet.

LaBauve has admitted to downloading over 200 images and 20 videos of girls, who range in age between 6 and 12, sexually exploited, local ABC affiliate WLOX-TV reports.

He also raped a 9-year-old girl; LaBauve is said to have restrained her while she was home sick from school and then forcibly penetrated her, Assistant District Attorney Ian Baker said, as quoted by the Sun Herald.

The exact nature of the abuse suffered by the couple’s other child, aged 11, has not been disclosed.

LaBauve was arrested in June 2017 at his home in Biloxi after an investigation into his activities online, according to the Columbus Packet.

He was caught after police tracked his IP address from a website called ChatStep, where he was reportedly chatting with other pedophiles and bragging about the abuse he inflicted, WLOX reports.

Forensic analysis of LaBauve’s seized phone and laptop turned up almost 250 photos and nearly two dozen videos of children in explicitly sexual situations, according to WLOX.

Outside the courtroom, the victims’ mother tearfully regretted not acting on her suspicions of LaBauve before it was too late.

“He ruined my daughters,” she told reporters, according to the Sun Herald. “He took away their innocence. They are never going to be OK. We had to get them a lot of treatment and they’re still not OK.”

But despite her regrets, the mother also aired satisfaction that LaBauve owned up the things he did.                                                                                                            

LaBauve's sentencing date has been set for Nov. 15. He faces up to 40 years on each of the child exploitation charges and up to life in prison for the sexual battery charge.

[Photo: Harrison County Adult Detention Center]

Crime Time is your destination for true crime stories from around the world, breaking crime news, and information about Oxgen's original true crime shows and documentaries. Sign up for our Crime Time Newsletter and subscribe to our true crime podcast Martinis & Murder for all the best true crime content.

All Posts About:
Breaking News

You May Also Like...

Recommended by Zergnet