Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

‘Do You Even Love Me?’ Kelsey Berreth Asks In Final Text To Her Fiancé And Alleged Murderer

Investigators also revealed they found evidence of blood in the missing Colorado mom's bathroom as they outline the case against Patrick Frazee.

By Jill Sederstrom

In a haunting final text message to her fiancé, who's now accused of her murder, missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth asked “Do you even love me?”

The detail was revealed Tuesday morning as part of a preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is facing two counts of murder and three counts of solicitation of murder in Berreth’s disappearance, according to Colorado news station KOAA.

During the preliminary hearing, Woodland Park Police Commander Chris Adams took the stand to outline details of the case against Frazee.

According to his testimony, after Berreth was seen leaving a Safeway store on Nov. 22 -- Thanksgiving Day -- her vehicle was spotted on footage from a Walmart security camera and video from the Williams Furniture store.

About 1 p.m. that day, surveillance footage from one of Berreth’s neighbors showed both Berreth, who was holding flowers from her shopping trip, and Frazee standing outside her Colorado townhome. He was spotted again at the home at 3:36 p.m, Adams said.

Cell phone data showed Berreth and Frazee’s phones were together near the townhome on Nov. 22 and later pinged together heading west, investigators said.

Although the last credible sighting of Berreth was on Nov. 22, she wasn’t reported missing until Dec. 2 by her mother, Cheryl Berreth, who had become concerned after repeated calls and text messages went unanswered.

CBI Agent Greg Slater testified Tuesday that Kelsey’s mother told investigators she'd spoken to her daughter for about five minutes around 9 a.m. on the day she disappeared. Kelsey allegedly told her mother she hadn’t arrived home until 4 a.m. because she had been with Frazee the night before checking on cattle. She said she had planned to go out to dinner with Frazee that night to celebrate Thanksgiving with him and the couple’s daughter.

Cheryl told investigators her daughter didn’t discuss her relationship problems with her, Slater said.

Berreth's parents would contact investigators again on Dec. 6 after discovering what they believed to be blood in the missing mom’s bathroom and reported the bath mat was gone, according to KUSA. Slater testified that a CBI analyst later confirmed there appeared to be blood elsewhere in the bathroom: on the toilet, the exterior part of the toilet, the bottom of a trash can, the sink and a wall.

Earlier in the morning, prosecutors played a recorded phone call between Frazee and Woodland Park police officers where Frazee discussed his relationship with Berreth.

He told investigators the pair had a heart-to-heart about their relationship and agreed it wasn’t working out. He said she told him she had wanted space and he agreed to give it to her.

“We lived so separate lives for so long,” he said in the call with police, according to KOAA.

Prosecutors also initially tried to call Patrick’s mother, Sheila Frazee, to the stand to testify but she refused and exercised her 5th amendment right.

Investigators testified that on the day Berreth disappeared, Frazee had called both his mother and former girlfriend, Krystal Lee Kenney.  

Adams testified that Kenney was captured on surveillance footage in Colorado on Nov. 24, just two days after Berreth disappeared. Earlier this month, Kenney pleaded guilty to felony tampering after admitting she took Berreth’s cell phone to Idaho to try to interfere with the investigation into Berreth’s disappearance.