A massage therapist has filed a lawsuit against Kevin Spacey, alleging that the actor not only groped his privates, but also tried to force him into oral sex during a private session two years ago, according to reports.
The alleged victim, listed in legal documents as “John Doe,” filed his suit on Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court, Deadline reports.
The suit accuses Spacey, 58, of sexual battery, gender violence and assault, as well as false imprisonment and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
The plaintiff’s accusations stem from an October 2016 encounter with Spacey at his home in Malibu, California, during which he claimed Spacey repeatedly behaved inappropriately, groping him and trying to initiate oral sex.
Doe claimed in his suit that he was hired to come to Spacey’s home that day for a private massage. He set up his equipment in an upstairs guest room, per Spacey’s instructions, and Spacey later entered the room wearing a robe and closed and locked the door behind him, he said.
Doe alleges that when he asked the actor if there were any areas of concern that he needed to be aware of prior to the massage, Spacey replied that he was experiencing “discomfort in his groin area.” He then laid face up on the table, despite Doe’s instruction to lay face down.
During the massage, Spacey grabbed Doe’s hand and tried to force him to touch his scrotum, testicles and penis multiple times, Doe claimed in his suit. Doe reacted in “shock,” according to the suit, and after pulling away from Spacey for the second time, allegedly told the actor, “This is ridiculous. I am a professional. This is what I do for a living. I have a son.”
Spacey then stood up from the table, nude and tried to kiss Doe, he said. Doe resisted his advances, but at one point, Doe claimed, Spacey placed his hands on Doe's genitals through his clothes and said, “Just let me give you a blow job.”
Doe eventually managed to flee the home, the suit explained. During the encounter, however, Spacey used his naked body to block the alleged victim’s access to both his massage table and the door.
Doe reported the incident to the Los Angeles Police Department, according to his suit. He is seeking unspecified damages, according to The Blast.
Authorities confirmed in August that they are investigating another sexual assault that Spacey is accused of having committed in Malibu in October 2016, according to BuzzFeed News.
The LA District Attorney’s office announced last month that it would not be prosecuting Spacey in relation to yet another sexual assault allegation because the statute of limitations had run out on that particular claim.
California Governor Jerry Brown revoked the statute of limitations on rape cases in September 2016, the LA Times reported at the time. The law did not take effect until 2017, however.
Spacey has been the subject of numerous sexual misconduct allegations, most famously when actor and Broadway star Anthony Rapp claimed in an interview with BuzzFeed News last year that the former “House of Cards” actor tried to proposition him for sex at a house party when he was only 14 years old. Spacey publicly apologized and claimed to have no recollection of the event. In the process, he came out as a gay man, in a move that sparked massive backlash.
[Photo Credit: Getty]
Crime Time is your destination for true crime stories from around the world, breaking crime news, and information about Oxgen's original true crime shows and documentaries. Sign up for our Crime Time Newsletter and subscribe to our true crime podcast Martinis & Murder for all the best true crime content.