Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

Man Tells Police He Killed Mother With Baseball Bat And Burned Corpse Because God 'Got Into My Body'

Kyle Tucker told police that God “got into my body and walked me downstairs with my baseball bat."

By Jon Silman

A Connecticut man told police he murdered his mother with a baseball bat and put her body in a fire pit to turn her into ash.

Kyle Tucker, 34, was arrested and charged with murder and tampering with evidence Saturday night after giving police a full confession, according to an arrest affidavit cited by the New Haven Register.

Tucker told police that God “got into my body and walked me downstairs with my baseball bat and it was very quick and almost even hard to remember,” the affidavit said. “I don’t really feel like it was totally my mind or body doing anything, it was God walking through me.”

Tucker allegedly killed his mother Donna on Thursday. When her sister came looking for her, Tucker told her his mother went off with a random man after a night of heavy drinking.

The aunt was confused, and when she looked online, she saw someone ordered a $289 “Adult Silver SoulBird Female Urn for Human Ashes” using her sister’s credit card, the affidavit said. She reported her sister missing on Friday. The sister told police Tucker had mental issues and she was worried something bad happened.

The affidavit said Tucker has previous run-ins with police in which he was deemed mentally unstable.

When police went to the house on Saturday, Tucker was cooperative, the affidavit said. He let investigators in and allowed them to look around. When they made their way to the fire pit they found a grisly scene - human skeletal remains and a gasoline container and bleach inside a garbage can.

They also found a crushed human skull, according to the Hartford Courant.

When police took Tucker to the station for questioning, he eventually confessed.

He said he killed his mother because she attempted to murder him more than 20 times, the affidavit said. Tucker said his mother tried to poison him and also put parasites in his bedding and food.

He told police that around 5 a.m. he hit his mother with a baseball bat in the head, and when she fell he smashed her in the nose “very hard … to make sure she would die quickly,” the affidavit said.

He dragged her to the pit and burned her with gas, turpentine and wood, even driving to the gas station for more gasoline. He burned the body, the bat and his own shoes into a "fine ash," for eight hours.

Then he cleaned. He cleaned the kitchen with bleach and cleaning wipes, and still some of the blood wouldn't come off the wall, so he repainted it, the affidavit said.

When police searched the home after the confession, they found blood spatter on the ceiling.

Tucker's bail was set at $5 million and he'll be back in court on June 19.

[Photo: Hamden Police Department]

Read more about: