Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

Man Accused Of Killing His 90-Year-Old Grandmother Told Judge He 'Chopped Her Up In The Name Of The Lord'

Police say Naythen Aubain buried his grandmother in a park and also killed his 87-year-old landlord, leaving her head and torso in the street.

By Jill Sederstrom

A New York man accused of brutally killing his 90-year-old grandmother and burying her body in a shallow grave at a park told a judge in court Tuesday, “I killed her, chopped her up in the name of the lord.”

Naythen Aubain, 29, appeared in court to be arraigned on two first degree murder charges after police discovered the dismembered remains of his 87-year-old landlord Jane Wentka left out on a street and inside the apartment he had shared with his grandmother.

They had gone to the apartment after Aubain allegedly made suspicious comments after crashing his car into a telephone pole on Sunday night.

“Police found body parts of Wentka inside her apartment, and her torso and head were found along Albany Street,” Oneida County District Attorney Scott McNamara said, according to the Utica Observer-Dispatch.

Initially, authorities believed his grandmother, Katerine Aubain was missing but found her body Monday night buried in a shallow grave at a small park.

A dead dog was also reportedly found buried alongside the body, WKTV reports.

On Tuesday, Aubain, who had been in a medically induced coma after the crash, told the Oneida County judge unprompted that he had killed his grandmother because “she wanted to do nasty things, and I had enough.”

He allegedly told members of the media on his way into court that she had “tried to touch me sexually and I had enough,” the Observer-Dispatch reports.

Public Defender Adam Tyksinski entered a plea of not guilty on Aubain’s behalf and requested a 730 exam, to determine whether Aubain was incapacitated or unable to help in his own defense, local station WUTR reports.

The judge agreed to the request and Aubain, who wore a net hooding over his head during the proceeding, was sent to the Oneida County jail where he’s being held without bail.

[Photo: Utica Police Department]