Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

Nurse Accused Of Injecting Air Into Patients' Hearts And Killing Them

William George Davis has been charged with capital murder for his alleged crimes. 

By Jon Silman
Snapped by the Numbers: Killer Nurses

A former nurse from East Texas is accused of injuring or killing patients by injecting air into their arterial lines while they were recovering from heart surgery.

William George Davis, 34, allegedly injected air into the arteries of at least seven people at Christus Mother Frances Hospital in Tyler, according to KSAT-TV in San Antonio. Two of the patients died and two others were left in vegetative states.

He was originally charged on June 21 on one count of murder and two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. On Aug. 28, a grand jury indicted him with three additional charges of aggravated assault and one charge of capital murder.

The first incident happened on June 22, 2017, according to the Tyler Morning Telegraph. A patient, 61, suddenly experienced stroke-like symptoms under Davis’ care. On July 14, 2017, the same thing happened to a 58-year-old man. In August, a patient had coronary artery bypass graft surgery. He made it out fine and was in stable condition, according to police. The patient's nurse asked Davis to watch the patient while the nurse got something to eat. The patient then had an "unexpected neurological incident," the paper reported, and was declared brain dead.

In the next two months, two more men under Davis' care were seriously injured and had mysterious stroke-like symptoms. In November of 2017, an older woman had heart surgery and was recovering. Shortly after midnight on Nov. 30, she had a mysterious stroke. Surveillance shows Davis entering the room, and doctors found air in her brain on a CT scan, according to the Telegraph. The woman didn't die, but she has trouble moving around and can't see as well as she used to, the paper reports.

William George Davis M

In January, another man was recovering and suffered a "profound medical neurological emergency" three minutes after Davis went into his room. The man was not one of Davis' patients, police said.

Davis was terminated from the hospital on Feb. 15, and questioned by police on Feb. 20. After investigations showed the deaths and injuries of the patients were not accidental, police arrested Davis in April.

He's in jail on a $2 million bond.

Read more about: