Hollywood Crimes

Prosecutors Investigate Actor Ed Westwick After Three Women Accuse Him Of Assault

The 'Gossip Girl' star was accused of three sexual assaults.  

Authorities do not think that the multiple sexual assault allegations against actor Ed Westwick are merely gossip.

The former WB star of “Gossip Girl” is being investigated by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, according to People.

Three women came forward last year and alleged that the 30-year-old Brit actor raped them in 2014. 

Prosecutor spokesman Greg Risling tells People that the office was presented with a case by L.A. police on March 20 and “it is under review.” It is not known publicly which of the former accusations specifically catalyzed this investigation. Westwick’s attorneys were not available to comment on Wednesday to People and his reps deferred inquiries to the legal team.

On November 8, an actress accused Westwick of rape in a detailed Facebook post. The accuser, Kristina Cohen, claims she fell asleep at Westwick’s home where both she and her then-boyfriend, a producer, were guests. She woke up to Westwick allegedly assaulting her. A portion of her statement is seen below:

Westwick denied that he had never raped anyone and that he doesn’t know Cohen.

Aurélie Wynn, a former actress, came forward immediately after Cohen's story to accuse Westwick of assault as well. She described her experience: "I said no and he pushed me face down and was powerless under his weight," she said. "I was wearing a one piece bathing suit that he ripped, I was in complete shock, I am also very tiny."

A few day later, a former executive assistant named Rachel Eck accused Westwick of also sexually assaulting her.  

“I have never felt so uncomfortable in a situation like that in my entire life,” she told BuzzFeed.

 

 

Westwick initially denied two of the claims on social media. He has since removed those statements from his profiles, as Canoe reported. A screenshot of his denial from November 9 is seen below, from the BBC. He called the allegations "unverified" and described them as "provably untrue social media claims."

On January 9, 2018 the BBC announced that a miniseries starring Westwick called "Ordeal by Innocence" would be recast with a new actor amid the allegations.

[Photo: Getty Images] 

Crime Time is your destination for true crime stories from around the world, breaking crime news, and information about Oxgen's original true crime shows and documentaries. Sign up for our Crime Time Newsletter and subscribe to our true crime podcast Martinis & Murder for all the best true crime content.

All Posts About:
Hollywood Crimes

You May Also Like...

Recommended by Zergnet