Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

Wife Accused Of Kidnapping Husband's Lover Allegedly Forced Him To Tattoo Her Name Above His Crotch

Tammy Moorer came up with a novel way to punish her husband, Sidney, for his affair with 20-year-old Heather Elvis, according to a friend of the couple's sons.

By Gina Tron

A South Carolina woman on trial for allegedly kidnapping her husband’s young lover allegedly forced her husband to get her own name tattooed above his crotch after she caught him cheating, according to court testimony. 

On Monday, Jacob Melton testified that Tammy Moorer forced her husband Sidney, then 38, to get the tattoo after she caught him cheating with 20-year-old Heather Elvis, who has been missing since 2013, according to the New York Post. Melton was friends with the couple’s sons.

“If you didn’t have that thing with that girl, this wouldn’t be happening,” Tammy Moorer said, according to Melton’s testimony, the New York Post reports. That would appear to contradict what Tammy Moorer’s defense argued on the second day of trial: that she wouldn't have been jealous of her husband's affair because the couple had an open relationship.

Sidney Moorer and Elvis met in 2013 at a Tilted Kilt restaurant in Socastee where Elvis worked and Moorer provided maintenance services. The two quickly became romantic, according to the Charlotte Observer.

Their affair ended in October after Tammy Moorer found out about it, according to Myrtle Beach Online. She then began harassing the young woman with threatening messages, prosecutors say.

Elvis’ roommate Brianna “Bree” Warrelmann told Crime Watch Daily that Tammy “basically tore Heather apart as a human being, and who she was as a person and made her feel horrible about herself.”

The 41-year-old even allegedly handcuffed her husband to their bed at night so he couldn't sneak out and he reportedly agreed to save their marriage, according to the Charlotte Observer.

However, Tammy Moorer apparently continued to contact Elvis, texting her on Nov. 1: "Hey sweetie ready to meet the Mrs.," according to court documents cited by the New York Post.

Elvis responded in a text saying, “I think you are a little obsessed with me. I’m nobody you need to worry about anymore,” according to the Post.

The paper also reports that Elvis appeared to have been moving on with her life, even beginning to date again, when she received a call from Sidney Moorer the night of Dec. 18, 2013. They spoke for four minutes and Elvis later called a friend to tell them that Sidney Moorer said he was leaving his wife for her.

In the middle of the night - after a few phone calls between Elvis and Sidney Moorer's cell, according to investigators - police believe Elvis drove to a boat landing near Myrtle Beach where her car was later found abandoned. Her body was never found.

Initially, Sidney told police he didn't make the first call, but police had surveillance footage of him at the pay phone that did place a call to Elvis. He then admitted to police he made the call because he told her to "please leave me alone because she had been leaving notes on our car," according to WBTW in Myrtle Beach. Tammy Moorer allegedly admitted to police that she was with Sidney when he made the call.

The same day she vanished, Sidney Moorer was reportedly captured on surveillance footage buying a pregnancy test, though he claimed it was for his wife, according to The State in Columbia. Several of Elvis' coworkers believed she may have been pregnant because of weight gain around her hips, but a previous pregnancy test was inconclusive according to The State.

After Elvis' disappearance, prosecutors claim that Tammy Moorer went on a smear campaign against the missing waitress.

“Well Sidney cheated on me in the months of Sept/Oct with a psycho whore who has since went missing,” Tammy Moorer wrote in a Facebook post, according to CBS News after the young woman vanished.

The Moorers were arrested in February 2014 on charges of obstruction of justice, according to the New York Post. Charges of kidnapping and murder followed, but the murder charges were dropped in 2016, presumably for lack of evidence.

Sidney Moorer's kidnapping case ended in a mistrial in 2016 when a jury couldn't reach a unanimous verdict, though he is currently in state prison for the obstruction of justice charges, according to the Post.

The couple were indicted on conspiracy of kidnapping charges in 2017.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

[Photo: Reuben Long Detention Center]