Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!
Months after actor Jackson Odell was found dead at a sober living facility in California, a coroner has determined the cause of death to be an accidental drug overdose.
Odell, 20, was found unresponsive in his room inside the facility on June 8 and pronounced dead at 1:45 p.m., the Los Angeles County medical examiner's office told Oxygen.com. In a recently released report, the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner stated that the cause of Odell’s death was “acute heroin and cocaine toxicity,” while the manner was listed as an “accident.”
Shortly after his death, Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter told People that no “paraphernalia or legal drugs” were found at the scene of Odell’s death.
Odell, an actor and musician, appeared in shows like “Modern Family,” “The Goldbergs,” and “Arrested Development,” and had several songwriting credits to his name, most recently for the 2018 country music film “Forever My Girl.”
In a statement posted to his Twitter page following his death, Odell’s family called him a beloved son and brother.
“He will always be a shining light and a brilliant, loving, and talented soul. He had so much more to share. Our family will always carry that truth forward. Our wish is that the rest of the world who knew and loved him does as well.”
In a statement released via Twitter, “Modern Family” actress Ariel Winter said that she’d known Odell since they were 12 years old and sent her love to his family and friends.
Odell was laid to rest on June 13 during a private service open only to next of kin, according to E! News.
[Photo: Jackson Odell arrives for the Los Angeles Haunted Hayride held at Griffith Park on October 9, 2014 in Los Angeles, California. By Albert L. Ortega/Getty Images]