Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!
Watch the Trailer for Buried in the Backyard Season 5
The series is reaching new depths this season with themed episodes including “Buried in the Backyard,” “Buried in the Woods,” “Buried in the Sand,” and for the first time "Buried in the Snow.”
Oxygen True Crime, the home for high-quality crime programming, will debut the fifth season of Buried in the Backyard on Saturday, July 1 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
Buried in the Backyard unearths stories of homicide victims left hidden underground in idyllic places where their unsuspected killers never anticipated discovery. Lush backyards, warm, sandy beaches, forests that awe nature lovers and picturesque winter wonderlands are often seen as safe havens to be enjoyed by all. However, there are times these pleasant spaces harbor horrific secrets lurking just below the surface.
Buried In The Backyard is produced by Renegade 83, an Entertainment One Company, with David Garfinkle, Jay Renfroe, Bob Kusbit, and Billie Speer serving as Executive Producers, Bobby Munster as Co-Executive Producer.
Coming up this season...
- The series is reaching new depths this season with themed episodes including “Buried in the Backyard,” “Buried in the Woods,” “Buried in the Sand,” and for the first time "Buried in the Snow.”
- When a Michigan mother disappears on an afternoon walk, investigators pin all hope on their sole eyewitness, her 10-year-old son. He is the only viable witness to coax crucial details via hypnosis.
- After a successful Arizona businesswoman disappears on a holiday shopping trip, a psychic's visions reveal the cunning scheme of a ruthless con man.
- When roommates discover a body hidden inside a garden ornament, prison pen pal correspondence leads to the killer.
- The disappearance of a widower from his California home has investigators getting caught up in a federal investigation involving the infamous hunt for skyjacker D.B. Cooper.
- In a special 2-hour finale, two Colorado women vanish in a deadly winter storm and an almost 40-year search for the killer leads investigators to a harrowing rescue.