Aaron Carter Lashes Out At Family, Judge After Sister’s Restraining Order Is Extended

Aaron Carter, who was also barred from owning firearms, accused his sister of lying to “take away [his] second amendment rights.”

By Sharon Lynn Pruitt
Aaron Carter G 1

The feud between Aaron Carter and various members of his family continued with a court appearance this week that saw a judge extending the restraining order Carter’s twin sister requested against him earlier this year.

A Los Angeles judge ruled on Tuesday, November 19, to extend Angel Conrad’s restraining order against Aaron, 31, until Nov. 19, 2020, ordering the singer to maintain 100 feet of distance between himself and Angel, Corey Conrad, the pair’s home, or where they work, according to court documents obtained by Entertainment Tonight. He has also been barred from harassing them in any form, including via social media.

The judge’s decision on Tuesday also means that Aaron will not be able to possess a firearm for the duration of the order of the protection, according to the outlet.

Aaron addressed the judge’s decision on his Instagram Story on Tuesday, accusing his sister of lying “over and over” in order to prevent him from bearing arms.

“I am devastated by what happened in court today,” his statement reads. “My sister lied over and over in an effort to take away my 2nd Amendment rights and she did it on behalf of my brother to silence me talking about how he raped and sexually assaulted multiple women. I will abide by the judge's order, but I will not stop speaking on behalf of victims such as Melissa Schuman. I am saddened by my family and what they have done to me. Your lies have broken my heart.”

He also briefly addressed the hearing via Twitter, writing, “Lost my court case... lost everything ... gotta move ASAP.”

The hearing grew heated when Aaron yelled at the judge after being told that he was too dangerous to have a gun, TMZ reports, citing anonymous sources. He allegedly told the judge that he would leave the state in order to buy more guns.

The 31-year-old singer and his siblings, Angel and Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter, have been embroiled in a feud that’s played out over social media in recent months. Taking to Twitter in September, Nick announced that he and Angel had sought protective orders against Aaron due to their brother’s “increasingly alarming behavior.”

“We love our brother and truly hope he gets the proper treatment he needs before any harm comes to himself or anyone else,” his statement continued.

Nick claimed in court documents that his brother admitted during a conversation with their sister to having thoughts about killing babies, as well as Nick’s wife, who was pregnant at the time, according to E! News.

Aaron has repeatedly denied his brother’s claims, and reiterated his claims on Tuesday that his brother has been retaliating against him due to his contact with Melissa Schuman, a member of the former girl group Dream who accused Nick in 2017 of raping her in 2002; Nick denied the claims, and prosecutors dismissed the case last year due to the statutes of limitations having run out, according to BBC News.

Prior to Tuesday’s hearing, Aaron shared on Twitter that he was he headed to court, and said of his family, “I could never forgive them. I’m blessed I know this. I will make my own family one day. And my music and talents with only get bigger. I’m taking over the world by storm.”

Related Stories

Crime Time is your destination for true crime stories from around the world, breaking crime news, and information about Oxygen's original true crime shows and documentaries. Sign up for our Crime Time Newsletter and subscribe to our true crime podcast Martinis & Murder for all the best true crime content. 

You May Also Like...
Recommended by Zergnet